Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Which computer for video editing?




jeff


I recently received a GoPro Hero. I'm trying to edit HD videos in a program called Adobe Premiere Pro. My Current computer is from 2005 and is lacking the requirements needed to run Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm only looking to spend between $300-$450. More specific, I'm looking at a laptop with an intel i5 processor and 4g of ram. An alternative laptop to that one is one with an intel i3 processor and 4g of ram. Will the i5 make a vast difference?


Answer
If you want to get really serious with your video editing, I would highly suggest a desktop as opposed to a laptop. They're generally faster and all around more customizable. A good one to look at on your budget range is something with at least a Dual core processor, 4GB of DDR3 or more of RAM, and a 500-1TB SATA HDD. As for graphics, I just got a computer specifically for video editing, and an ATI Radeon HD 4XXX series works well. This would probably be a good computer for you: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Desktop+/+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+II+X2+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive/3152154.p?id=1218380515754&skuId=3152154

Video Editing computer?




redsox1229


I need a good editing computer, and i already ahve a windows computer, im looking forward to getting a mac but im curious to see which laptop people think would be the best, i already ahve an external hard drive so space isnt a problem, now it is just a question of what kind to get, im also looking to sya somewhere below 1500 dollars so i was wondering what people think would be the best computer i could buy for the money., i as also wondering what people were thinkin and if they knew of any place that customizes macs, thanks for any feedback


Answer
I am using a 2.0 GHz MacBook Pro to edit video. It's probably the RAM, but this computer is faster than my Dual 1.8 G5 that I just sold. I have this laptop maxed out with 2 GB RAM, and it is oh so smooth, especially with Video. I'm using an external disk w/ Firewire 400. It works just fine. It does get hot, but my room is a little too warm anyway. It runs a lot cooler in a cooler environment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which computer for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment