Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How good is this computer?




Andy Z.


I'm looking to buy a really good computer for gaming, photoshop, adobe after effects, premiere pro, and stuff like that.

PROCESSORIntel® Core⢠i7 2920XM Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.0GHz (8MB Cache)edit

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bitedit

MEMORY16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)edit

VIDEO CARDDual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon⢠HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireXâ¢edit

HARD DRIVE750GB RAID 1 (2x 750GB 7200RPM)edit

WIRELESS + BLUETOOTHIntel® Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 a/b/g/n 3x3 MIMO Technology and Bluetooth 3.0edit

WIRELESSHDInternal 60GHz WirelessHD Transmitter and VIZIO XWH200 Universal Wireless HD Video and Audio Kitedit

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVESlot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW) with Roxio Creator 2011edit
SOUND OPTIONSInternal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster MB Software



Answer
AMD 6970m Crossfire? *drools*

That will run most games maxed out, and will be overkill for any video editing software. Compared to a Mac (as mentioned by another person), that laptop will out preform a top of the line MacPro (desktop)

9.9/10

However, this laptop, upgraded with Nvidia 485 SLI would be even stronger (10/10)
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP7282

Which Desktop Replacement Laptop Do You Recommend?




fun_to_tra


I'm looking to get a windows 7 laptop. I currently have a 2011 MBP 15" 2.2 i7 with 8GB Ram & 80GB SSD.

I've been needing to use windows more and more (for heavy tasks, not good for virtual machines), and have a cheapo laptop that I use, but now I want to maybe make windows my primary laptop and want a really good one.

What I want to use it for: Multiple and massive excel spreadsheets open at once, copying and pasting tens of thousands of rows between them, two browsers open with multiple tabs each, FTP program and editing html, general web browsing and a lot of multitasking etc.

Requirements:

Atleast 8GB ram (I can add myself), and prefer upgradable to 12 or 16.
15"-17" screen
Great keyboard and trackpad
Great Screen
i7 processor
Blu ray drive, or one that I could swap out for a BD drive
SSD, hybrid or one I could swap out
HDMI out
Nice looking

I don't play games but I do watch videos on the laptop via youtube/hulu, netlfix etc when traveling.

Budget $2000.

Recommendations?

Thanks!



Answer
Best ones you will be able to get,

Either SAGER or FALCON NORTHWEST. (someone may say alienware, but no thats dell & they are bad ever since takeover)

xoticpc has the best selection, itll run you around 1400~1600 for a fully loaded top-of-the-line SAGER (German build quality = amazing) or an American company, Falcon Northwest operates off their own site.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How good is this computer?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment