Thursday, June 19, 2014

What are the best specs for a Laptop if used for audio and video editing ?




Nevermind7


Here's the thing: It's seems my father is going to get me a laptop since my desktop is...well, it's a piece of crap, DDR1 512, just start by that. So the thing is, when my parents actually decide to get me something, it's a one time thing, at least for the rest of the century, so I need to make sure I select the best I can. I know the basics about computers but I need some help, I need specs. I need to know what's considered standard nowadays and what would be the best I can ask for within a reasonable price, what I mean is if I had a million dollars of course I could get a super computer, but I don't have a million dollars..
So, cut to the chase. Although I'm getting the laptop because I need it for school right now, for my thesis and general work since it's a lot easier to work from the bed or to simply go straight to school with the laptop... I'm also planning on using it for video and audio editing. My old desktop is really having a hard time running my DAW and video editor.
On my free time I used Sonar 7 producer edition to record my songs, sometimes it takes a lot of tracks and effects so I need the computer to be able to handle all of that without freezing or crashing like my old desktop does, I need it to be able to multitask and run smoothly.
I also make videos for this songs, sometimes I even record the songs on Sony Vegas through videos. What I mean by this is that I record a video of me singing and playing, then I record several other videos of the instruments that I want to add, I do this through my webcam directly into Sony Vegas and this puts a lot of work on the computer, like I said before my old desktop has a HARD time doing this. My mother's laptop which is DDR3 2GB intel core i3 sort of does the job but at times you can tell it's hard for it.
Besides this I also need it to have a good soundboard, my mother's laptop soundboard sucks so I can't really edit audio the way I'd like to. And I'd rather have it integrated in the laptop than having to go buy a external one.
Also I'd like to eventually be able to use other video editing softwares like Adobe AE. Basically lots of multimedia. So I was hoping someone you could advice me, tell me what would be the best option for a laptop given the work it will have to deal with. Thank you very much !
Oh and by the way, apple is not an option. Just regular laptops, or even better (I think) the specs I should ask for in this said laptop my father is planning to buy since I'm supposed to message him with the details of what the laptop needs to have. Don't be affraid of leaving several options since prices may vary.
Again thnak you very much!



Answer
Following are the options that will be best suited for you. Hope itâll be helpful!

ASUS N53SM-ES72 15.6-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/N53SM-ES72-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Silver-Aluminum/dp/B007BY57Y2%3FSubscriptionId%3D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquid1516187-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB007BY57Y2&tag=afbara-20

HP Pavilion dv6-6180us 15.6-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6180us-Entertainment-Notebook/dp/B005LLYIWO%3FSubscriptionId%3D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquid1260941-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB005LLYIWO&tag=afbara-20

HP Folio 13-1020US 13.3-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Folio-13-1020US-13-3-Inch-Ultrabook/dp/B006OEL86Q%3FSubscriptionId%3D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquid1516187-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB006OEL86Q&tag=afbara-20

HP ENVY 15-3040NR 15.6-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/HP-ENVY-15-3040NR-Laptop-Silver/dp/B006PCDJI2%3FSubscriptionId%3D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquid1516187-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB006PCDJI2&tag=afbara-20

Best Laptop for Video Editing?




Becky


Hello! I edit videos with anime using programs like Sony Vegas and photoshop. But I am currently looking for a new laptop. But also stylish enough to use for school cus I don't edit 24/7 xD

Here are some preferred specs

64 bit windows 7 or 8

13 or 15 inch with 1920x1080p display (now I know a bigger screen is better for editing but I'm not really a big fan of that look and it's also a bit bulky)

8 gb RAM or higher, those programs take up alot of space!

At least 500 gb hard drive. Totally willing to sacrifice storage for speed.

i7 core processor

And I guess that's about it.

Some links to websites would be helpful! My budget is up to the $1000 range a litte bit over is no problem ;D



Answer
This HP can be customized to what you need. If you want better performance upgrade the APU to a A10 with dedicated graphics, 1080p screen and increase the ram to 8GB.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/C9W57AV;pgid=c7twGfjc0ptSRpIq7ZUcoGXQ0000fb8mNv9y;sid=NID2W1inOb6JXwkRbh2qz4GoAJwzDmy78dUe8LW2AJwzDtPc7Kuhl6jI?HP-ENVY-15z-j000-Notebook-PC A8-5550M APU HD 8000 Series Graphics 6GB DDR3 750GB 5400 rpm HD Starting at $530

This HP can be customized to. Upgrade the Graphics to NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2048MB of dedicated video memory and a 1080p screen.

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/E4T17AV?HP-ENVY-15t-j000-Quad-Edition-Notebook-PC i7-4700MQ 8GB DDR3 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive Starting at $800

Brand buying advise

You get what you pay for. Systems with high end parts with low prices are to be viewed with suspicion. They have to cut corners somewhere to get the price down. What cost you less today is going to cost you more tomorrow.

Apple makes a good quality laptop. The problem comes when it requires service or minor upgrades. It is near impossible to do anything with them. They even glue the battery and hard drive down so you can not change it. They solder the ram to the logic board so you can not increase it. They lock up most of the software so your stuck with what they approve.

Lenovo has serious stand behind their product problems. They bought IBM PC division and proceeded to drive the quality of the system into the ground. Their customer service is well below par. They even makes Dell customer service look good. Lenovo will not allow people to read instruction on how to access the BIOS menu or to get info on their puters on their web site unless you connect to them thru Facebook. They do this so they can spy on their users. The last and final thing to remember about them is they are a Chinese Government own company. It is up to you if you want to trust them.

Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony should be avoided because of their heavy modification of Windows and the drivers. If you remove some of the bloat they install, you can cripple the system.

Acer, Gateway, and eMachines should be avoided period. Low end system that are driving the race to the bottom.

Dell once made a good system and fell from grace. They are now struggling to regain their place in the market. Customer service is one of many problems with this company.

Alienware are glorified Dells and are more name then product. Priced extremely high for what you get. They do perform but you can get the same for less by looking around, just not packaged to be eye candy to the gamers.

Samsung has a history of using cheap parts in critical areas. Capacitors has been one area Samsung has a known history of going cheap, causing units to fail early. For that reason I would avoid them.

ASUS and HP do not modify Windows as bad as the other manufacturers. They have excellent build quality. They might add a lot of bloat but they also makes it easy to get rid of it.

Ultrabooks are the higher end of Wintel laptops but they have some of the same concerns as Apple. They make it next to impossible to change any hardware in them. Service of them will have to be done by the manufacturers. With most of them, you can not change your own battery or hard drive. They are designed to catch your eye but they are not any more special then other laptops except for the fact that they are slim or thin. Your paying for it being thin and slim. For the money your going to spend on it you can buy a much better laptop with more power.

Hybrids are the worse of the worse. The flip or detachable touch screens are just a disaster waiting to happen.

Never buy an All In One. They are far worst then laptops of any kind to service and they have a higher failure rate.

Choose wisely.

:)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best specs for a Laptop if used for audio and video editing ?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network!!!

    Join millions who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple...

    Learn from experienced eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete