Friday, November 8, 2013

What is the best affordable laptop out there right now for multimedia?

vaio laptop for video editing
 on 28338d1248246285-sony-vaio-vgn-fw12g-b-laptop-sony-vaio-laptop.jpg
vaio laptop for video editing image



Anne H


I'm looking for something under $1200 that can handle multimedia / some video editing, fairly stylish and not too heavy, with good processor power. Prefer a reliable brand.


Answer
Sony Vaio for all the way.

Could I improve my gaming performance if I overclocked the RAM on my CPU?




Inquirer


My Vaio laptop is a few years old. It has an i3 dual-core processor and an Intel integrated GPU. Here are some relevant specs:

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.67 GB usable)
Total video memory: 1751 MB
Dedicated video memory: 128 MB

I want to be able to play higher end games at decent quality, but as of now, all my high-end emulators only run at about 25 fps; I'd like them to run at about 50-60 fps. Seeing as how I can't apparently overclock the RAM on the integrated GPU, could overclocking the RAM on the CPU make a significant difference? If so, by how much should I overclock it?



Answer
You probably could in some cases. What I do, is use a CPU utility to overclock/underclock my CPU, depending on how I'm using it at the time.
High-performance - Hair Trigger Overclock with slow drop for Gaming,
Normal performance - Up to my normal 15x multiplier for standard use.
Power Saving with extreme underclock (down to 4x @ <1V) for when I'm leaving it unattended.
This alleviates all the unnecessary heat buildup associated with a static setup (from BIOS) and saves power. This will also allow you to play around with multipliers & voltages, to find what the limits are and what works best.

I used RMClock Utility 2.35 until I upgraded to a Phenom x4 940, to find it wasn't supported by the software.
I now use PhenomMsrTweaker, which will likely not work with your Intel.

*edit* He's right about the 32-bit & Graphics card. But as many programs aren't coded to use 64-bit, you could still be ok on that count. If you're not ready for a new OS, I would certainly look into getting a separate graphics card... perhaps a used mid/high level for that machine, to take some responsibilities of that CPU. That's the main way you're gonna get more frame-rate.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best affordable laptop out there right now for multimedia?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment