Monday, August 19, 2013

Is there a software I can download that allows me to write anywhere on my Mac?

best pc laptop for video editing 2011
 on Jewelry Magazine � Blog Archive � CHINESE FOOT BINDING (1)
best pc laptop for video editing 2011 image



DUDE121


I want to download something like Active Touch Studio (I think that's what it's called), which is this system that you can use to write pretty much anywhere on your laptop/desktop. I just want something of the sort, but for free, perhaps? Active Touch Studio is usually used in classrooms, on like a Promethean board...Thank you!


Answer
If you want to draw in a transparent document, try PowerDraw: http://zach.in.tu-clausthal.de/software/PowerDraw.dmg
Also, open App Store, and type "whiteboard" in the search. You will see at least six apps that are free or cheap.

If you want to know about apps for typing documents, you have these options:
â You can open and edit .DOC or .DOCX files in TextEdit. You can also create reasonably good .DOC files with TextEdit. It lacks some of the more exacting formatting options found in the other choices below.
â MS Office 2011 (for OS 10.5.8 or later). About US$150.
â Apple's Pages that is like Word, and Keynote that is like PowerPoint. Each US$19.99, click the App Store on the Dock.
â NeoOffice, newest version US$10, last year's version free. Some people use OpenOffice or LibreOffice, but they are lesser cousins to NeoOffice.
â http://Docs.google.com or other online office editors.

{NeoOffice is the direct Mac development of OpenOffice and LibreOffice, and thus has a better interface, smaller size, and better highlighting appearance. Most people learn about OpenOffice from PC use, but they don't know there is a better free version for OS X.}

MS Office 2011 can edit and save any office document. Apple's Pages / Keynote / Numbers (sold separately) can edit any .DOC / .PPT / .XLS document, and export as .DOC / .PPT / .XLS document, but can only view .DOCX / .PPTX / .XLSX documents and edit / export them as .DOC / .PPT / .XLS. NeoOffice can edit and export any Word document, but has the same limits as Keynote for PowerPoint documents.

Pages is similar in use to Word, except not as many oddities and hidden defaults that are hard to change. Keynote is similar to PowerPoint, except with much better transitions. Keynote has two limitations: it cannot apply a video to more than one slide, and it cannot apply an audio file (music) to more than one slide (except as background for the whole presentation). That's why I have both Apple's office apps and MS Office.


<0-0>

Where should I buy my computer?




paupau


I have 1000 to buy a laptop for college. I'm a English major so I don't need too much fancy stuff. I do take a lot of pictures and put them on my computer, if that means anything. I also need wifi. I'm not sure if I should get a pc or a mac, a mac would be more expensive, I understand, but I don't know if its worth it. Thank you for your help.


Answer
A mac wouldn't really be worth the extra money, based on your needs. I would suggest looking at either an ASUS or Toshiba laptop or a Lenovo Thinkpad. They all have very good build quality. Toshibas and Thinkpads are very durable while ASUS laptops have some of the highest quality hardware available.
For good prices on computers, you may want to check out Newegg.com and Tigerdirect.com

@Skylar Oh wow. Well, fanboys will be fanboys, I guess. Where to start?
Well, Macbooks do come with some simple photo and video editing software, but then, so do some Windows computers. And there are free programs for those that don't have this software. Both offer more advanced programs, but they're around ~$200 on both platforms(Final Cut Pro, Aperture, etc on Macs).
Microsoft Office Home and Student does not cost anywhere NEAR $400. You're just making stuff up, there. It costs $150 if you buy from Microsoft, and you can find it cheaper on Newegg and Tigerdirect.
PCs don't NEED virus protection, all you need is Common Sense 2011. Virus protection just means you have to be less cautious. And there are TONS of free antivirus out there. Most notably MSE and MalwareBytes free version.
I don't know where you got that "...the last time a Mac had one that wasnt installed purposly was 2006" thing from, but I know people who have had viruses on Macs. It's possible to get viruses on Macs, it's just unusual because there aren't many coded for the OS.
Many laptops come with warranties. Not sure what you're talking about there. Why are you calling Microsoft for a warranty?
Yeah, Windows PCs come with a "website builder", too. It's called a text editor. Of course, most people don't use those. They don't use Adobe Dreamweaver or whatever is on the Mac, either though. They make IDEs for these things.
"Microsoft says you need to get a new computer every 18 months to not lag." Oh wow, I have no idea where you pulled that one from, but that isn't true in the slightest. I've seen plenty of Windows machines last MUCH longer than that. In fact, I have one in my living room from '04. Still works fine.
"Add that up also. And for netbooks the life spam is 6 months". Again, no. Are you just making up numbers or something?
"Macs are used in so many schools, and by so many in college, and so many teachers for a reason." Well, yeah. They're fairly reliable and there aren't very many viruses on them. Guess what else a lot of schools use? Workstation desktops and Lenovo Thinkpads. Those run Windows.
"and they are so dependable." Yes, they are pretty dependble. Less so than ASUS, Toshiba, and the higher quality Thinkpads (X and T series, mainly), but Macs are definitely up there.
Oh, and you can't upgrade the hardware in a Mac. Personally, I view that as a problem. That's just me, though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a software I can download that allows me to write anywhere on my Mac?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment