Thursday, April 17, 2014

Are alienware laptops good for editing video also?




Dave


Life for YouTube?


Answer
lewis is COMPLETELY wrong. Alienware IS made by dell, but gaming laptops have different design objectives than mainstream or media centric computers. Dells ARE more reliable than industry standard and alienware are even better. they are designed by engineers as gaming machines, they use cherry picked parts, the employees on the line are the cream of the crop and they are assembled on a line with very low quota so the employee can do it RIGHT. Ever see that old episode of i love lucy where she is assembling chocolate boxes. That's what a "line" is like. The parts come down, and you'd BETTER be ready or you can look for a new job. Alienware employees don't have that pressure.

Parts from one brand to another are NOT the same. A core i7 from compaq is NOT the same as core i7 to the public, to dell and to alienware. When a chip is fabed, there is a HUGE quality difference based on where it is on the wafer, what fab it came out of, who was he tech, how recently the baths had been refreshed. The subcontractor AND the OEM both know this. When an OEM buys a hundred thousand chips, he can specify what level of defects he is willing to put up with, what the variance of spec is and can impose a penalty on defects. Each time we pull a consumer unit, or repair it in the wild, it costs a MINIMUM of $200 so dells philosophy is to pay more up front, get better parts, and pay less for repairs. Another famous company has the exact opposite philosophy. They think, "get it out there cheap, if it does after the warranty period, that's not our problem".
If YOU were the subcontractor, would you send the better parts to the guy who will pay you more but has strict penalties for bad parts OR would you send the good parts to the guy who pays you less, but does NOT care about quality? I'd send the crummy parts to the guy who pays less and doesn't care about quality. More profit.

Alienware would be great for editing video, it is even good enough to edit PROFESSIONAL video, even though a desktop would be much better.
But you do NOT need to spend that much to edit consumer video. For youtube video you can use ANY brand even the acer the other guy mentioned. If you want to edit semi pro video, say you have a business doing wedding videos, I'd look at dellXPS, asus, msi, lennovo, toshiba compaq.Even within those brands there are certail models that are media or gaming models. If you are making pro video, I'd go with the same brands, but again, I'd use a desktop.

Laptop for video editing & gaming?




Award Winn


I am currently searching for a Laptop which I can use for video editing and gaming.
I am very selective mind you so I'm not after something which can handle high performance on the latest games. I merely want a PC laptop which can handle Sims 3, Oblivion (modded) and Civilization 4 (Rise of Man Mod) and I find it hard to understand graphic card names.

I've already been researching for durable laptops, Dell being the worse, Toshiba I know being okay as I sat on mine enough to cup it and it still works, but I want something that wont burn out and everything is pointing to a 'Thinkpad'.

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/new-products/lenovo-thinkpad-edge-15-0301--core-i5-430m-226-ghz--156-tft.p513227.html

http://www.techdepot.co.uk/TD/product/COMPESSEN/CE.NOTBKS/productdetails/IT73903/Lenovo_ThinkPad_SL510_2847_-_Core_2_Duo_T6570__/NSL7LUK/default.aspx?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=GoogleProducts&utm_campaign=IT73903&_$ja=tsid:8928|cc:|prd:IT73903|cat:Computing+%3E+Notebook+PC%26%23180%3Bs

http://qtechworld.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1170

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbweb/LenovoPortal/en_GB/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-category-id=21C3577C8487491FB98DAB3E6A4BE9D3

These are a few of the links I have found, I viewed a few of Yahoo Answers so I started looking for Intel, hope I found some but I want someone's advice who understands these specks more then I do. To me these are just a lot of numbers and letters but I'm guessing I want more then 2 GB ram, over 250 GB space though I'd rather have 500, sound is not a problem that's what earphones are for, it wont be on the internet, Windows 7 unless I find it has problems emulating XP for games like Quake or System Shock 2.

Ya don't need to read everything, but I'm looking forward to receiving some responses from you guys :) If I left anything out do let me know so I can repost this with better efford, once again thanks for reading and am looking forward to hearing from you :)



Answer
If I was to choose those i would choose the first one.

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/new-products/lenovo-thinkpad-edge-15-0301--core-i5-430m-226-ghz--156-tft.p513227.html

I would choose it because it has a intel core i5 processor and it looks like it has turbo boost. That would make your video editing and gaming go faster, along with your computing experience.

Also it has intel HD Graphics, that would be good for a smooth gaming experience and also be good for smooth video editing as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are alienware laptops good for editing video also?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment