Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What is the best laptop for video editing?

laptop or desktop for video editing
 on The Natural History Of Ireland, Volume 2: William Thompson, George ...
laptop or desktop for video editing image



Murilo


Ok, so I need a laptop for video editing for school, but I don't know which one to get. I need one with at least 2.4GHz, something with a RAM higher than 1.00 GB, and lots of memory. Please don't say "Don't get laptops, get a desktop..." because I already have a desktop great for video editing and now I need a laptop.
Please help.



Answer
Well.. this could help you narrow down your choices..

Get a laptop with a dual core processor that rates at least the speed you want there.
Get a laptop that has a video card with dedicated video memory, as opposed to one that uses shared video memory.

Now. I know you can read. You posted the question here. You know that 2.4ghz something means something, and you know how to spot that. You know how to spot RAM and the numbers that will be around it.

You are perfectly capable of looking YOURSELF for what you want. Why? Because any laptop you look at, will list it's processor speed (that 2.4ghz thingy), how much RAM it has (Yep... RAM=RAM. No big geek translator needed there) and more.

In short, if you want to act as knowledgeable as you are trying (I don't need a desktop for actual computing power. Got one. I want a laptop as powerful and versatile as a desktop. I just don't want to take the time to learn what "powerful" means) then start looking yourself.

Prepare to be disappointed. Few laptops are made to the specifications you are expecting (made for video editing in mind), and the ones that are, are not cheap.

Maybe you should look at a Sager. Completely custom laptops.
http://www.sagernotebook.com/default.php Go ahead and build yourself one there online. See how much it costs. Oh, and if you don't know what all these options and doodads and numbers mean... isn't it time you learned?

What would be the best laptop or desktop for me?




Conan


I am currently looking into getting a new laptop or desktop for myself however, I am not sure what model of computer would best fit my needs. I want a laptop or desktop for gaming and for video editing, it would have to be able to run games like Team Fortress 2 and run video editing and recording programs like Fraps. Can someone tell me which model of laptop and desktop would best fit my needs.
Please give me the specific model of desktop or laptop (Example:Windows XP)



Answer
id go with a desktop if its for gaming etc as its better for upgarding, u cant upgrade a games card in a laptop as there intergrated. so in a yeaers time ur laptop woudnt play new games. and better ram etc in desktop.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment