Saturday, September 21, 2013

Question About RAW files?

video editing software 550d
 on 550d etc video audio equipment i use canon t2i 550d etc related sites ...
video editing software 550d image



Pumpkin


This might sound like a silly question to you pros out there,but
how do you compress a RAW file??
What software do you use for it?
Can a RAW video file be compressed too?
Will it lose it's size and quality?

I am planning to shoot videos with a 550D and make a music video about 3-4 minutes long..
So I am rather concerned if this will affect my laptop and crash it.
Btw are there any other FREE video editing software?Because you have to purchase the Sony Vegas and I don't have a Mac,....
Well.



Answer
There is no such thing as a raw video file.

RAW is a still image format, in fact it's not a format, it's just the RAW unprocessed image data your camera produces - sometimes people call it the equivalent of a digital negative.

RAW images have to be processed by an image editor. You can use various software - such as Adobe Photoshop with the Adobe Camera Raw plugin, GIMP with UFRAW plugin, or if you are not technically minded - even Google Picasa 3 can process RAW images.

If you own a Canon 550D - you already have Canon DPP which can process the images - it's on the CD that came with your camera.

For free video editing software for Windows: Windows Movie Maker is free. Get it from the Microsoft website.

Editing Canon 550d footage in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5?




Tyler


I am new to video editing, the 550d, and Adobe Premiere Pro. I understand that the settings you use while editing can greatly improve/tarnish the video quality. What steps do I need to take to make sure I am getting the highest quality possible. I understand a few things so far. 550d shoots in h264 format, whatever that is. So,

1.) When I open up a new project in Adobe PP, What settings do I use in the first window that pops up? The format (dv or hdv), etc. etc..

2.) And what camera settings do I select in the next window? I would imagine DSLR, but 24fps or 25fps or what?

3.) And how do I export the video with the correct settings. Like suppose I've just finished the editing process, and I want to get the video up on youtube. I think this is where the H264 thing comes in.


Any help would be appreciated. If you could walk me through this like a small child (I have no editing experience lol) that would be great.

Thanks.



Answer
Sorry, I can't help you with that, but whenever I learn a new piece of software (such as Photoshop), I spend tons of time reading/watching tutorials, looking up the help files, getting books from my library etc.

Adobe Premiere is a big program that can't be explained in just a few lines. YOU will have to make the effort to learn it yourself.

Good luck with it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question About RAW files?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment