Friday, September 20, 2013

If I upgrade to more RAM will that make my CPU use less power?

video editing software 2gb ram
 on ... S7110 Laptop Intel Core DUO 1 83 2GB RAM 40GB HD XP PRO Wifi | eBay
video editing software 2gb ram image



Jdub


When i run divx video editor and im saving a movie i made my computers CPU is at %100. divx video editing software says it needs 2GB RAM. i have vista 32bit with 2GB RAM. if i upgrade to 3 or 4GB of ram will that make the divx program and others run faster?
also when using the software my computer says it only has 24% RAM free.



Answer
RAM will speed up your computer depending on your computers processor. If your processor is too slow it might not make much or any difference. In your case it probably wouldn't hurt to have a Gig or two more RAM.

Is 2 gig of memory enough to run video editing software?




maestra


I have an entry level Gateway laptop that is 2 years old. It currently has 512 RAM; however I am thinking of upgrading it to 2 Gig (which is the max allowed for the motherboard). Is it possible to do video editing with that? I hope I do not have to buy another computer.

I have been using pinnacle systems software, and am hoping to get an external hard drive as well.

Thanks.



Answer
I don't think you "have to" upgrade the mem to 2gb. Try to go with 512 before upgrading, it will do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I upgrade to more RAM will that make my CPU use less power?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment