Saturday, September 21, 2013

Could I improve my gaming performance if I overclocked the RAM on my CPU?

vaio laptop for video editing
 on The specifications of the Sony Vaio CR Notebook PC include:
vaio laptop for video editing image



Inquirer


My Vaio laptop is a few years old. It has an i3 dual-core processor and an Intel integrated GPU. Here are some relevant specs:

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.67 GB usable)
Total video memory: 1751 MB
Dedicated video memory: 128 MB

I want to be able to play higher end games at decent quality, but as of now, all my high-end emulators only run at about 25 fps; I'd like them to run at about 50-60 fps. Seeing as how I can't apparently overclock the RAM on the integrated GPU, could overclocking the RAM on the CPU make a significant difference? If so, by how much should I overclock it?



Answer
You probably could in some cases. What I do, is use a CPU utility to overclock/underclock my CPU, depending on how I'm using it at the time.
High-performance - Hair Trigger Overclock with slow drop for Gaming,
Normal performance - Up to my normal 15x multiplier for standard use.
Power Saving with extreme underclock (down to 4x @ <1V) for when I'm leaving it unattended.
This alleviates all the unnecessary heat buildup associated with a static setup (from BIOS) and saves power. This will also allow you to play around with multipliers & voltages, to find what the limits are and what works best.

I used RMClock Utility 2.35 until I upgraded to a Phenom x4 940, to find it wasn't supported by the software.
I now use PhenomMsrTweaker, which will likely not work with your Intel.

*edit* He's right about the 32-bit & Graphics card. But as many programs aren't coded to use 64-bit, you could still be ok on that count. If you're not ready for a new OS, I would certainly look into getting a separate graphics card... perhaps a used mid/high level for that machine, to take some responsibilities of that CPU. That's the main way you're gonna get more frame-rate.

How can I transfer videos from my video camera?




Crissis


I have a "Sony Handycam CCD-TR517" and of course, it's analog...
I have old videos in 8 millimeter cassettes and well. i want to transfer them to my laptop and then burn them to a CD, i have a Sony Vaio laptop... so i have no idea how the analog video cameras connect to the compu. Do i need a software or just a wire...? what the hell do i need, hahahahaha. PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN IT STEP BY STEP... THANX!



Answer
The Sony CCD-TR517 is a Video8 analog camcorder. You know this.

You will need the AV cable that came with the camcorder...

If your computer has a Firewire/i.LINK/DV/IEEE1304 port, then you will want to get an "analog/digital converter" like the Canopus ADVC55 or ADVC110.

If your computer has no firewire port and no way to add one, then you are stuck with the USB based A/D converters from Pinnacle (Dazzle) or Roxio - among many others.

Plug the Camcorder's AV cable into the camcorder and the A/D converter.

Plug the A/D converter into the computer.

Put the camcorder in Play mode.

Launch the video editing application or import utility.

Press play on the camcorder.

Import the video.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could I improve my gaming performance if I overclocked the RAM on my CPU?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment