Thursday, May 8, 2014

Whats the best laptop I can get currently under $700?




Arthur5088


I need a laptop for school mainly, but I do some gaming and also some video and sound editing on the side. Nothing heavy though, just a hobby. So basically I would need a decent amount of storage for music/videos. Good wifi reception and no smaller than 14-15" screen. So fat I really like the style of the HP Envy with beats speakers, but the only one under $700 carriers an AMD 10 processor and then it jumps to almost $1000 for an i5.
I've been told to stay i5 or higher.



Answer
All AMD machines are really not bad at all, the AMD CPU has a good GPU built in, which can work in crossfire if there is a GPU integrated onto the motherboard.

With today's power of of CPU's its really not as important as it was 10 years ago when the CPU's where still switching from 32 bit and single core to multicore and 64 bit.

What is important with today's laptops, when you want maximum performance out of them, the components will generate heat, inside of a small enclosure, which is what really generates the problems, like hardware failure and generally low performance.

the general rule of thumb is, the bigger the laptop, the faster it will dissipate heat from the internal components, but in turn you sacrifice mobility, as the laptop gets bigger.

Currently im sitting on a DV6Z, last generation hardware, which can play just about anything I throw at it, at high settings but the 15 inch laptop sometimes struggles with heat dissipation especially during the summertime.

Intel indeed core for core churns out more performance compared to AMD, but that comes at a premium and CPU performance is, day by day becoming less and less important, as Graphics are becoming more and more important.

Overall, the amount of power you will need from CPU and GPU should be your main consideration, as overkill in laptops usually becomes a bad thing, but the corporations don't care, they just want to market and sell, its up to you to chose the correct computer.

At 700$ you would probably be much better off with an all AMD machine, that's about how much I paid for mines and the power to heat dissipation is just right, but you will have a choice of newer components, which will in fact be just right and more powerful then my laptop, which I think is very good for its class and value.

Best laptop for video editing?




Gleek


I like to make videos and right now I'm making them on my desktop but I can't exactly transport that and also it's not really good. I'm looking for something under $700 and is great for video editing. Also if you know any good places to get a MacBook for under $900 that would be good as well. I don't care if it's been used.


Answer
The HP Pavilion dv7-7010us 17.3-Inch Laptop should be good for video editing.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv7-7010us-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0085RZPPA/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=basebal-20&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1344124598&sr=1-9

It's large in screen size allowing you to work easily.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Whats the best laptop I can get currently under $700?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment