Thursday, May 8, 2014

VERY slow video in Premiere pro cs6?




DDD


I just recently got into video editing so excuse me if I seem uninformed. I film on my Canon t3i and imported a few videos to Premiere pro to edit. The video plays SO SLOW that I can't edit anything. SO I read about rendering. I rendered one of the videos and it's still lagging and stuck at times. I'm operating on a i7 laptop. The has NVIDIA GEFORCE GT540M. Am I underpowered? Or is something else wrong..


Answer
yes. don't do this on a laptop. premiere pro cs4 32-bit that came with cs5 was slow (took hour or more) when it was working on my home videos. I have no good mercury-playback-supported GPU such as the GTX 570. for that you need to look at the system requirements on the software before you buy.
either
- be patient
- get a maxed out desktop with the appropriate specs and especially max out the RAM - I suggest an i7-3960x system with 64GB of RAM or a xeon e5-based workstation - either of those should give you plenty of boost, but your biggest lag will be the hard disk. and intel 313 24GB SSD used for SRT disk cache will solve some of the speed problems, plus, with that extra RAM, windows will use it for disk cache also. this might be better than hybrid drives, because those drives have an unfortunately small SLC flash cache. granted it lasts 10x longer than MLC, but video will probably beat it out of the drive.
- get a mobile workstation like the goboxx from http://boxxtech.com

the stuck I can't fix,it's due to bugs in the adobe software. encore was really broken in cs5, and the media encoder doesn't do vp8 or ogg, so I can't publish to the web. :-( - and I paid a lot of money for this...

Video editing using Adobe Premiere CS5 on HP Elitebook 8460W with ATI Graphics?




bigjd


I bought a laptop 2 weeks ago replacing my 6 year old Toshiba Satellite with Core 2 duo and 3 gb memory. The laptop I bought is an HP Elitebook 8460w with the following specs:

Intel Core i7-2620M Processor (2.70 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35W)*
Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
8 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB 7500 RPM HDD
Ati Firepro m3900 graphics card with 1GB

Main reason I got this laptop was because I have a youtube channel and I make videos, I used Movie Maker on my old toshiba and wanted to upgrade to Adobe Premiere CS5.

So after 2 weeks I installed Adobe Premiere CS5 on the HP, and came to find out that it maxes out my CPU just rendering, just a 40 second video takes 10 minutes to render. I came to find out that CS5 only supports the NVIDIA CUDA GPU, so basically the Video Card on my HP is useless.

So my question is this, is there any way to unlock the ATI Firepro m3900 GPU so I could use it for editing? If not is there any other software that I could use that would be better than Windows Movie Maker, I don't think I want to go back to that, or is there any other options?



Answer
CS5 actually requires some mods to work with CUDA-cored GPUS, but that's not the point we're after.

The thing is, your FirePro m3900 is definitely working during the rendering process--it's just that it's not doing a lot. The m3900 is an entry-level workstation card, so it's not too good for anything other than maybe heavy Excel or programming.

With the ATI Overclock tool, you could up the voltage a little bit to try to make the thing run a bit faster, but other than that, you're outta luck. Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: VERY slow video in Premiere pro cs6?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment