Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The software that came with my digital video camera is old and doesn't work on my machine, what should I use?




Brent B


My digital video camera is from 2001. The software that came with it is compatible up to windows 98. I loaded the software, but my computer doesn't even recognize my camera. Is there free software that I can use to import the video off of my digital video camera, onto my computer, and eventually upload to youtube.com? I have a Sony digital 8.
I'm using xp for my os. I've tried to go to the company's web-site, but it is no longer available.



Answer
A Sony Digital 8 camcorder will transfer video to your computer using Firewire. You need to add a firewire port to your computer and use a firewire cable connected to it and the camera's DV port. (most likely a 4-pin camera to 6-pin computer iEEE1394a cable).

USB will not work.

Once the firewire port is working and you connect the camcorder and the camcorder is in "Play/Edit" mode, Movie Maker or WinDV will be able to import the video from the camcorder.

Anybody here think Linux Gentoo is a good OS for a beginner with Linux and should i build my own computer?







Ive grown up with computers since 1992. Ive used Windows 3.0, 95, 98, NT, XP, and i recently switched to Mac os x 10 and leopard.

Which linux os is good? Can it do everything windows can including playing pc games and dos games. How about video editing, burning dvds, cds, blurays and sound editing?



Answer
It is a matter of opinion but I believe Ubuntu is an easier Linux distro to start with. As far as gaming is concerned...Linux is getting better, but still falls a bit short. Video, burning...etc. is as capable or better than Windows in most respects. Any Debian based distro is great as the Debian repositories of softwares are huge...much larger than that of the RPM based repositories.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: The software that came with my digital video camera is old and doesn't work on my machine, what should I use?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment