Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Video/Photo Editing Laptop?




g_force_re


I'm looking to buy a laptop, but am unsure of what I should be looking for in terms of:
memory,
hard drive,
processor,
graphics card etc..

I will mostly be using my laptop for editing photos and videos with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, can you suggest what I am looking for, in terms of the above list and anything else I have forgotten to mention!
I know this totally goes against the above, but being a student, I'm looking for a laptop at a reasonable price.
£800/$1400 at the *very* most :S



Answer
Graphics Card - 256MB or higher - design and editing programs need this to render out large images. Please note that most laptops only have 126MB and this will not perform as well - be careful. Not all new laptops have a great graphics card. NVIDIA and ATI are the main brands to look for with 256MB or higher.
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo that runs at 2.4 Ghz or higher. Higher is better, I'd got for 2.5-2.8Ghz. I have a 2.53 Ghz.
Memory - 3 or 4 GB. 4GB is amazing and renders things so much quicker - so when editing each time you like use the blur tool in photoshop it won't take as long to render each the change in each pixel.
HD - I'd go for a 320GB that is 5400 RPM or 7200RPM. Or bigger ^_^ Do not go with a HD that is below 5400 RPM.
I think that's all I can think of... unless you want a blu-ray player ^_^
Here are some good laptop models you should look at:
Sony Vaio FW
HP dv5t or basically any of the dv5 series
A Dell Studio or XPS (not my favorite but an option)
A lenovo IdeaPad y710
Those are all great options - I personally have a Sony Vaio FW that I absolutely love - I edit RAW photos from my Canon dSLR everyday in Photoshop and it works wonders. I love having the 16.4" screen - it's about the size of the 17" MacBook Pro. It also cools incredibly well.
The dv5t was my second choice in choosing my laptop.
And my mom has a Lenovo she loves - they are built really really well.

Laptop for video editing?




Mason


I want to do gameplay vids that I can edit for youtube.


Answer
This laptop is great for video editing, at a good price:
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L955-S5152-PSKGGU-01P003-15-6-Inch/dp/B00B4GH00C/

It's a Toshiba Satellite L955-S515 laptop with a Intel Core i5-3337U processor, 6GB of AM, a 750GB hard drive, a 15.6" screen and Intel HD Graphics 4000. It only costs $599.95, but it should be perfect for video editing and rendering etc.

Hope this helped,
Siva :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Video/Photo Editing Laptop?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

2 comments:

  1. There is no better laptop for photo editing than HP's Spectre x360 15. The highlight of this machine is a 15.6-inch, 4K OLED display that is exceptionally vivid (256% of the sRGB color gamut) and blindingly bright (483 nits). That panel is the only thing that will take your eyes off the Spectre x360 15's elegant chassis, which looks like something only the rich and famous could afford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, the 13-inch MacBook Pro M1 is the latest 'Pro and has received rave reviews thanks to its stunning blend of performance and efficiency. However, it's only available with a 13-inch screen, and its max 16GB RAM can be limiting when editing high-res Raw images or big multi-layer PSD files.

    You can try it for photo editing.

    ReplyDelete