Thursday, December 19, 2013

Can I install Ubuntu on my USB and run it when i choose to without losing my files?

video editing software ubuntu
 on The
video editing software ubuntu image



Kieran Dow


Is this possible? I have fairly large USB drive, 250 Gb's, And i want to basicly use that as like a Hard Drive, and run Ubuntu off it, with my video editing software and projects on there, Is it possible?


Answer
Nope. You see, USB drives have files only, not an entire OS. I had Ubuntu from March 2009-December 2009, and I know that it is a pretty big operating system that surpasses 250 GB's. If you put Ubuntu on your USB you won't have room for anything else. Plus, file types don't always work with another OS. For example, a .txt file won't work with a Mac or a Linux. So it's one way or the other. If you want all your files then stick with your old one. If you want Ubuntu, then find a download online. But Ubuntu surpasses 250 and you may need to buy a bigger one to hold Ubuntu and all your files.

Best free video editing software for linux?




sunny


It comes with one, but I don't like it. It's way too simple.
I want to be able to:
cut clips, put simple filters on clips, add titles and text onto the video clips, add music and change the volume of the music, etc. What is the best free video editing software that will do this for linux?



Answer
I recommend using some of the software available in Medibuntu https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I install Ubuntu on my USB and run it when i choose to without losing my files?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment