Thursday, May 29, 2014

Where can I find a free video editing software for a SONY HD RSR11?




nileshpate


I recently purchased a SONY HD RSR11 camcorder, which is working perfectly fine. I have captured a few videos and wanted to upload them onto my computer (VISTA). I can upload them but unable to view them. Windows media player does not open the file nor does Quick Time.
1 - I need software to view my videos without the use of my camcorder connected to the laptop.
2 - A free video editing software that can read the video files.
3 - Recommend a purchasable software as well.

Thanks.



Answer
You need a AVCHD decoder to view a Sony HD clip.
AVCHD is a new standard for many HD cams.

Make sure you have the minimum requirements before spending money on software.
AVCHD viewing will require at least a dual core processor.
So any PC more then 2 years old is likely to lap and skip during video play. To actually edit AVCHD files the PC needs to be very very very fast. High Definition, is a extremely demanding format. None of my my PCs more then 2 years old will play it. Even my brand new laptop which is a ultra portable, but only a single core, cannt play AVCHD. I have to use my DUAL core desktop just to view my AVCHD files.

Commercial software
I recommend Sony Vegas. It can handle avchd files. Has lots of options. It comes in a low cost version ($100) with most of the features and a full blown version which costs about $600.
For Macs the choices are more limited, but FInal Cut or Final Cut Express are good choices.

AVCHD is not compatible with windows movie maker.
AVCHD requires a codec to play on windows media, commercial codec costs about $10. Search engine for "avchd codec". codec stands for coder decoder.

Free.
You need to convert the AVCHD file into a Movie Maker compatible file format. There are free converters out there.
Just type free avchd converter in a search engine.

Keep in mind, unless you have a recent (within a year) high end very fast computer the final editing process (saving to disk in a HD format) could take a entire night!!!!!

If you do have a fast PC (desktop recommended, with high end video card, such as NVidia 9000 series) you'll enjoy super sharp movies. DirectX hardware assisted decoding looks much better then one thats software rendered, hence the requirement for a good video card.

Free video editing software?




Scott


Before you answer, let me explain
I just joined a collab channel on Youtube
And I'm making videos every week on Thursdays

I need a software THAT ISN'T WMM that can...
-Split clips (for the jumpcut effect)
-export the video quickly
-support a range on video files
-export in good quality

I don't want to use Windows Movie Maker because it sometimes freezes, even in the final product
(example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyaEL3DTJj0 )
And I can't make all of my videos like that

Halp plz? D:



Answer
AVS Video Editor is a Perfect for home video editing, Edit video easily! Apply over 500 video effects/transitions. Split, join, rotate, add audio to your files. Open and edit HD- and Blu-ray videos. Burn them on to Blu-ray discs. Burn movie DVDs. Add various menu styles.
You can add additional audio, transition effects, insert images, text overlays, and even video overlays to add special effects or annotations.

So I recommend you this tool,you can see detail here: http://avs-video-editor.kooksoft.com/

Step by step guides and online help here: http://avs-video-editor.kooksoft.com/guide.html

I hope this may help you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a free video editing software for a SONY HD RSR11?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment