Friday, May 30, 2014

Best laptop under AU$1000?




Randayyz


Best laptop for under 1000 that can run FL studio, Adobe Programs and maybe some light video-editing.
Its around the same, (1063USD) but everything costs more in Australia.



Answer
If you're looking for the BEST laptop for graphics, photo and video work, it really has to be an Apple MacBook.

Of course, a MacBook (base model) costs AU$1199 new, and is strictly beyond your budget, but might be worth the extra cash if you're set on a new machine.

Otherwise I would strongly recommend trying to find a nearly-new MacBook Pro, 15 inch screen (17 would be best, of course). You should be able to pick up a good one that is less than 2 years old for that money. Macs last longer than PCs and they hold their value better.

Search the classified ads on the internet and try to find someone selling a really nice example. Many Mac users really take care of their computers and will be able to sell you a used machine with its original box, packaging, manuals and maybe even an extended guarantee. It's almost like buying a new machine.

The fluid Mac interface is way better than a PC for the type of use you envisage.

What is the best laptop to buy for me?




XPeRT1127


I am really confused which laptop to buy. If you guys are wondering, I want a laptop that suits me the best. I am not a hardcore gamer, I am really prioritizing and focusing on editing HD videos and upload them to YouTube. I am not really good at understanding laptop specs so those who light me up about these stuff will be greatly appreciated. I too, don't rely too much on video editing, though it's my number 1 reason, I also do play casual games like Sims 3, but I'm not demanding on the Highest and Optimal quality but just on low or medium settings if possible of the game, I am not really into MW3 or BF3 games, just simple casual games that will work fine on my future laptop. Other than that, my budget is around 500-600 dollars (I just converted 25,000 Philippine Peso to US Dollars). Thanks in advance and God Bless!!!
Since I live in the Philippines, prices may vary but I find this laptop suited for me, it's Lenovo:
http://villman.com.ph/Product-Detail/Lenovo_G460_5904-4089

Pls check these specs if these are okay, if not well help me find a new one in the lists there with different brands like HP, Sony, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc.

If you guys are curious with the equivalent price of those, you can use Google and type: php to usd


Thanks for reading, I hope I could find a good one.
@Answer 1: That laptop is really good! I've read some reviews about Lenovo B575 and it turns out to be a good gaming laptop as well as a budget price of 300+ dollars which is not bad. But I am just a bit worried that the laptop might now encode/convert HD videos faster since it has only 1.6 GHz, should I be bothered with it? Nice laptop btw



Answer
You might look at the new AMD Fusion line, the AMD E-350 and AMD E-450(I wouldnt look at the AMD E-300) are pretty decent computers. They are not the fastest around when it comes to pure processing power, but they have awesome graphics and can decode HD video with out hitch. They are also very, very power efficient and should have a long battery life. Though the processing power isnt the fastest around it is still more than enough to run Windows 7 and basic games very well. I seen a AMD E-450 based laptop in the Best Buy add this Sunday for a bit over $300.

The laptop you listed has Intel graphics, its not a bad laptop, but Intel graphics can not keep up with AMD(ATI) or Nvidia. The one I listed has far superior graphics, and twice as much memory.


The guy below me listed a AMD A4 based laptop, and like the one you listed it does have faster processing power, but not quite as good graphics. The A4 does have a superior GPU than any Intel based GPU, but if you are looking for a bit more speed look at a A6-3500 or above, or any A8. You said HD video was your main thing, so getting a GPU(graphics proccessor) that can actually decode 1080P should be important. No Intel GPU can decode HD video worth a ****, and will rely almost entirely on how fast the processor is.
------------------------------

The E-350 is a dual core 1.6ghz, while the E-450 is a dual core 1.65, I know its petty squabble over .05ghz, none the less its plenty fast enough to encode HD video. I simi recently built a E-350 desktop, which is slightly slower than the laptop I showed you, and decoding bluray disks only uses about 30% of the cpu power with a simi intensive cpu usage program running in the background. I built the desktop to use on my HDTV and I love it, it has never even hickuped at the most intense 1080p videos I have thrown at it. The encoding is done by the gpu, and not the cpu, so even though it dosnt have the fastest cpu on the market it dosnt matter because it has one heck of a great gpu.

For you, and decoding HD video the gpu is more important than the cpu speed. Now something else that needs to be said is that in order for the gpu to work the way it should the application needs to support hardware decoding, which 99% of all video programs do support hardware decoding now a days.

If your looking for a little more speed out of a computer the reason why I say to stay away from the A4 AMD cpus, and to look at a A6-3500 or better, or any of the A8 cpus is because they have a higher end graphics processor. This is also the reason I say stay away from any computer that has an Intel gpu. The laptop in your link is a pretty good computer, other than the graphics processor. The laptop in your link, or the link below me will probably do 720p video alright, because they do have a faster processor, but both of them will eat away your processing power, and neither one of them will do 1080p video very well, if at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I was looking though the list on the site from your post and found two laptops I think will work for you with faster processing power if that was something you were interested in:

http://villman.com.ph/Product-Detail/Lenovo_G470_5931-5635
There are two things I do not care much for with this laptop. (1) It comes with the DOS operating system and not Windows 7, you will have to get Windows 7 to put on this laptop yourself (I didnt notice it till I looked over your link again, but this is the same with the computer from your link). Here in the states if you are a student you generally get Microsoft software for free, but I dont know if you are in school or if the same applies there even if you are, but if the previous dosnt apply then buying Windows 7 will be an extra expense. (2) This laptop only has 2gb of memory, this is enough, but 4gb is what I would look for in a laptop.

http://villman.com.ph/Product-Detail/DM4-1209TX
The only thing I dont like about the above computer is it only has 2gb of memory, but like I said 2gb will work, and if you feel you want more this is super easy and cheap to upgrade. Unlike the two other computers from your site this computer has Windows 7 already installed, so you are good to go out of the box. Another thing I like with this laptop is that the hard drive is bigger and you will be able to store more videos on it.

Both of these new laptops from your site have slightly better gpus on them than the link I provided earlier and a faster processor. Both of these new laptops should be able to handle about anything you send at them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best laptop under AU$1000?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment