Monday, June 23, 2014

good laptop to buy under £400?




Jessy


I'm getting a new laptop soon, and I want to know if there's a really good one I can get. Our very maximum budget is £400.
I'm really into editing, so it's got to have a fast running system, and be able to hold a good video editor such as AVS editor 6.3.

If anybody could help me out, that would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance



Answer
Laptops aren't good for "editing" or anything else that requires a fast hard drive, copious amounts of RAM, and a fairly powerful graphics card.

A refurb HP ProfessionalBook 6570b is available on Amazon.co.uk for £350. That's probably as good as it gets.

10 quid more on the same site gets you a new Acer TravelMate P253-M.

Required specs for a video editing laptop?




Mohamed Fa


I'm considering buying a multipurpose laptop, but the heaviest task I'd be using it for would be video editing using Adobe Premiere CS6, and a little bit of color grading and compositing with After Effects.

So right now I'm pretty confused about which specs would do the trick for me, I don't wanna pay more for something that won't give me better results.
I'm torn between buying a Core i5-3210M laptop and a Core i7-3632QM, I dunno if there's a difference in performance that would justify the extra $200 or not when it comes to the workflow and the exporting.
Another factor would be the display card, do I really need a dedicated card for those tasks, or a shares intel one would do the trick?



Answer
The specs for Premiere are fairly modest...

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

Any recent 64 bit system with an i5 or i7 will be well above the required Intel Core 2 Duo processor and the i5 would be fine for modest editing needs.

Ensure it meets the 1280x900 display and OpenGL 2.0âcapable requirements. An Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance is optional.

Screen size should be a consideration so check that it will drive a large external display which you could add later if required.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: good laptop to buy under £400?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment