Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Which Camcorder & video editing software should I buy?




DDrew


I need a new camcorder for making movies and uploading them to the internet - I don't know whether to buy a DV or a hard drive based camcorder? I heard a lot of benefits to the hard drive based like you never have to convert the file - but I also hear it is harder to edit and to find editing software for - on the DV end I hear the quality is better, but it uploads to your computer in real time which sucks - but it is the easiest to edit???? please help!


Answer
My experience is with MiniDV camcorders and I would typically use a fire-wire 1394 cable to download video from my camcorder to my PC. This wasn't always problem free.. it would lose a couple frames every once in awhile.. but it worked most of the time.

My preferred software (not sure if you can still buy it anywhere) is Video Factory 2.0 (Sonic Foundry). Of all of the video editting software in the $50 price range, this one beats them all.

Now, there is another thing to keep in mind. When you download the video from your camera (in real time) the software will typically save the video uncompressed (AVI file usually). So, uncompressed video is large and will need to be compressed when you create an MPG video. It's time consuming and hard drive consuming.. but it seems to work just fine.

My last comment would be that for all of the reasons stated above, I would almost prefer to try out a hard drive based camcorder. Not speaking from experience, but the less mechanical parts (i.e. the MiniDV tape) the more reliable you would assume the camera would be.

Also, keep in mind that Windows XP typically comes with basic video editting software. It's not the greatest software but the price is right.

Good Luck!

Video Editing Software?




TOM JONES


I need a free or cheap editing software. I need to be able to use paths and put videos on top of each other.


Answer
Photobucket is a great web based and FREE editing tools. The software behind it comes from Adobe who make some of the best commercial ($$$) photo and video editors. If you need/want more features downloading VideoSpin or VideoThang are great options. Still free, but you have to download the software. For under $100 you can buy Adobe Premiere Elements.

http://www.edit-photos.net/video
http://www.squidoo.com/youtube-video-editing




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Camcorder & video editing software should I buy?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment