Thursday, November 14, 2013

What kind of laptop should I get? What brands are good?

video editing software for windows 98
 on IBM ThinkPad 755CD, 755CDV Windows 95, 98  ...
video editing software for windows 98 image



sunshinebe


In college I learned all about computers in order to buy mine, but Windows 98 was out then and much has changed, and the laptops I've had in between have been work issued and it wasn't my responsibility to purchase it.

I want pretty basic functions- the ability to watch dvds, download music, good WiFi access, and all the basic Microsoft Office software that's good for business. I would not mind good photo editing software, but it isn't 100% mandatory as long as there's something. I don't play video games or do really intense high tech stuff.

Here's the thing, the Gateway I have now has been a piece of crap that is too large and heavy to lug around, gets hot on to the point where when it's on my lap i put a pillow underneath, etc. etc. I want a brand I can trust not to punk out on me, but still have basic needs and a tight budget for this purchase. So, good brand, cheap model. I thought seriously about switching to Mac, but the ibook is expensive, and I want to compare it to PCs.



Answer
Ok...I'm a computer geek to the fullest of the word. At 14 I was tearing down and rebuilding computers using parts from 3-4 donors. I can walk circles around ANY windows version or ms-dos version. So far, the best brand that I have worked with, and own, is Hewlett-Packard. Note: Do NOT go with the Compaq brand...HP sells that brand too but don't be fooled...it's a piece of crap. My recommendation (I just looked through their site using your specs) would be :HP Pavilion dv6500t series
Take a look at it. It's like $599 or something. So far HP has been great to me. My computer's warranty ran out over 2 years ago but they still give free support 24/7 365/yr online(chat help). I have had to contact them from time to time to download drivers..etc when I wanted to reformat for one of my new (insane) projects.(I like to tinker...)Anyway...I wouldn't buy a Dell for all the money in the world.(Read this: http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/delsignore020210.html ) It tells about the nightmare you will experience if you dare tread into the "Dellzone". And as you already said, Gateway sucks. Hope this helps.

The software that came with my digital video camera is old and doesn't work on my machine, what should I use?




Brent B


My digital video camera is from 2001. The software that came with it is compatible up to windows 98. I loaded the software, but my computer doesn't even recognize my camera. Is there free software that I can use to import the video off of my digital video camera, onto my computer, and eventually upload to youtube.com? I have a Sony digital 8.
I'm using xp for my os. I've tried to go to the company's web-site, but it is no longer available.



Answer
A Sony Digital 8 camcorder will transfer video to your computer using Firewire. You need to add a firewire port to your computer and use a firewire cable connected to it and the camera's DV port. (most likely a 4-pin camera to 6-pin computer iEEE1394a cable).

USB will not work.

Once the firewire port is working and you connect the camcorder and the camcorder is in "Play/Edit" mode, Movie Maker or WinDV will be able to import the video from the camcorder.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of laptop should I get? What brands are good?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment