Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What's a good video editing program for what I want to do (read on)?




vagabond79


I am archiving videos of sports events on my computer from television so there are a lot of commercials to edit out. Thus far I have used Windows Media Maker and that's ok except that when compiling the video with any decent quality it takes FOREVER. Do other programs do this as well? Could you recommend a good program that makes this easier and faster?


Answer
The taking forever part has less to do with the video editor, and more to do with the power of your computer--or, most likely in this case, the lack thereof. What are the specs of the machine you're using?

There are two big undefined variables here: your defining time length for "forever" and the exact parameters of video with "any decent quality."

Earlier this year, I began shooting with an HD camcorder. When I tried editing the high def footage, my laptop with an Intel Centrino Duo processor and 2 GB RAM wasn't anywhere near powerful enough. Now I've got a Dell Studio 435T with 8 GB RAM, Intel i7 processor and 1 GB high def graphics card. Rendering times in Sony Vegas Pro are far quicker--in other words, far short of forever.

If you're considering upgrading your system for better video editing, here's a guide I used when buying my new setup:
http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+DIY7+Intel+Core+i7+with+Vista+64/0xe07f65920351fbf3ed8f9892355dfda0.aspx

If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment at my blog and I'll get back to you. http://www.werdofbert.com

I Need Computer Suggestions (Read Info)?




IDK You


Could some one tell me the BEST computer for using After Effects (video editing program)
But in the answer could you include the most expensive, middle, and cheap desktop and laptop

-Example::
Laptop = Computer (expensive) Computer (middle) Computer (cheap)
Desktop = Computer (expensive) Computer (middle) Computer (cheap)

[INFO]
I wanted to get a new computer JUST for video editing because I have one for everyone and a laptop and none of them have enough ram and freeze up when i use the dual monitors with the extension option.
I would like a Windows computer NOT a Mac.
I need a COMPUTER not a program.



Answer
These guys have some good info and suggestions.
http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recommendations+for+Video+Editing/0x4aebb06ba071d2b6a2cd784ce243a6c6.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good video editing program for what I want to do (read on)?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment