Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm getting a Canon 5d mark ii soon. Can anyone suggest some video editing software that I could use for it?

video editing software canon 5d mark ii
 on for you all. I got my hands on the Canon 24-105mm L lens from Canon ...
video editing software canon 5d mark ii image



Laura


Like I said, I'm a photo major and I'm buying a canon 5d mark ii. I definitely want to experiment with video. Does anyone have any video editing software to recommend? I want to be able to cut things up, lay audio over things, and I want to be able to put coloring effects on it, like messing around with RGB curves in photoshop. The cheaper(or free-er), the better. Thank you!


Answer
The top-ranked video edting software for PC:Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements and SonyVegas.
Based on personal experiences,I have had good success with DVD Slideshow Builder,which supports all popular Standard-definition and high-definition videos.
Built-in video edting tools, like crop, rotateVideo effects like Brightness contrast, Blur, Carve , Embossment, Flash,Red Green Blue,Levels,Ribbon,Old Photo,etc.
http://www.ourpix.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html#150

How to transfer DV video footage to laptop computer?




JG


I am using a competent Sony HD Videocamera to shoot video for DVD. How do I transfer the footage to my non DV compatible hp laptop which is void of the FireWire port which my editing software ( Sony Vegas) recommends for capturing video direct to the computer. It does not seem to work via HDMI either and I am on a strict budget where a new DV compatible machine or using a great DSLR camera such as the Canon Mark II 5D is out of the question right now. So basically how do I get the footage to my non DV laptop without comprising on quality of the Hd video? Thanks so much for all the responses...let's see who has the best solution to this challenge


Answer
You told us little about the laptop or the Sony HD camcorder. If you are using Vegas, then apparently the laptop is running some flavor of Windows. If you think you need a firewire port, ,then apparently the camcorder stores low compression, high quality video to digital tape (either Digital 8 or miniDV). Without the model numbers it is impossible to know for sure.

If the laptop has an available expansion slot (PCMCIA or ExpressCard), adding a firewire port is relatively inexpensive. If not, then find/use a computer that has a firewire port. Using an analog/digital converter will lose the high definition so not an option.

The HDMI port on the computer will be an AV-out from the computer to a monitor only, so that you can't get inbound video from it is not surprising, but expected.

Get an external hard drive and use a computer with a firewire port to import the video to the external hard drive, disconnect the hard drive, connect it to your computer, launch the video editor, import or drag the video on the external hard drive to the editor, start editing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm getting a Canon 5d mark ii soon. Can anyone suggest some video editing software that I could use for it?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment