Friday, March 28, 2014

New laptop used for video editing?




tootall7us


I need a new laptop especially for video editing and Photoshop. Would the Toshiba Satellite (model P875-S7310) be a good choice.


Answer
relatively,although I would recommend buying a pc with an nvidia or AMD graphics card to accelerate the video editing program allowing smoother previews and faster renders.graphics cards can also accelerate photoshop.

something like this would be good.
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion_101_CZ-13_Gaming_Laptop
change the ram to
-8GB [8GB x 1] 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM [Laptop Memory]

it has a decent size hard drive, a good graphics card,a great processor,a good amount of ram.overall good.

Is this laptop good for HD video editing and rendering?




eagleeye78


Hi, i currently have a 4 month old MSI laptop with Intel core i5 processor, 4GB of ram and shared Intel HD graphics. My question is will these Specs be enough for what i do, i am constantly editing, converting and rendering HD video using Sony Vegas and xilisoft video converter. I know the i5 is pretty good, but will the graphics card handle my tasks for about 2-3 years! I Buyed the laptop roughly 4 months ago! Please guys i want a direct answer, no recommendations to others topics or sites!
Thank you.



Answer
i5 processor, but what speed?
It will surely be enough for some time with this amount of RAM (I work in new Vegas with 1.6 GHz and 512 RAM - don't ask how, lol), but no one can predict what the companies will push into the market in 2-3 years.
If your processor is somewhere between 2GHz and 3GHz, it should do fairly well in next two years, maybe even more, for these tasks. Less and I don't think it would do for such period, at least not without very slow rendering. But I'm only guessing, based on my own experiences, I'm no expert really. That's most I can tell you, hope it helps :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: New laptop used for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment