Friday, September 27, 2013

What are the best laptops for college students?

inexpensive laptop for video editing
 on  JAG Music Videos
inexpensive laptop for video editing image



Kay


I have an Averatec 3200 right now and I am less than pleased with it. Ineed to replace it soon and I am wondering what are the most practical and inexpensive laptops out there? I need something under $1200 and can handle my daily commute. what are you suggestions?


Answer
HP has a great range of laptops. The thing to look for can be a bit harsh at times, but a few tips may make the purchase easier.

Weight:
Pick a laptop that you will be comfortable carrying. If you have a long commute, i suggest that you stay around the 6 lbs range.

Size:
Just as the weight issue the smaller the lighter. 15.4 is a standard. Though 15's and 14's are becoming more prevalent.

Processor:
A Celeron or Sempron processor is not worth the money. Even if 'it's a really cute one!' If you like AMD go with the AMD Turion, if you perfer Intel, Intel Centrino. There are new levels of the processors out, but look for those names.

Memory:
No less than 512mb is worth the money. I suggest 1gig even if you are just browsing the internet and writting papers. With the new windows operating system coming out (Vista) memory is a good thing to be prepared with.

Storage Space:
This is the HardDrive. You will usually see it in 80gig or 100gig. Unless you do video editing or download a ton of songs to your Zune or other MP3 player, 80gigs will be fine.

DVD Burner vs DVD Rom:
Unless the price just soars when you see the DVD Burner, go for this option. No you may not be wanting to 'Make your own movies' but you will need to back up some data one day (and should do so at least once a month unless you dont use the computer) Also DVD Burners can burn regular cd's as well.

Glossy vs Matte Screen:
This is the last option i can actually think of and should not be over looked. Think of the environment you will be using the laptop in. If you are out doors you may have difficulties looking at a glossy screen.

Just keep in mind how you are using your new investment and the decisions will be obvious. As a place to purchase, I would suggest going to a Best Buy and asking for a 'Limited Edition HP' They are very well priced and are designed extremely well. I hope this helps... Best of Luck!

Which laptop is the best for me and semi-inexpensive?




maddi


I am looking for a laptop for the upcoming school year and I am wondering which would work best for me? I will be taking a course on how to use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, so those programs will definately have to be on there. I will also be using it for research, surfing the web, music (lots of music). I don't really need anything special like photoshop but it would be nice to have some simple video editing software.
Any suggestions? I don't really want to get an Apple laptop though.



Answer
go with hp pavilion
dv9700t, HDX entertainment, dv2800t

for more follow this link
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/prodserv/notebooks_tabletpcs.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best laptops for college students?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment