Friday, December 6, 2013

How do you download from a Sony Camcorder to a laptop for editing without an ilink cable?

best laptop configuration for video editing
 on Computer Inventory Server - TheOne Software - The Best Computer ...
best laptop configuration for video editing image



gbeuchel


How do you download from a Sony Camcorder to a laptop for editing without an ilink cable?

I have a USB cable but because I use Vista it is not compatible. Any patches or fixes for this problem?



Answer
Honestly, your best bet for transferring video from a Sony camcorder is to use an i.Link cable. Keep in mind, i.Link is nothing more than Sony's name for a Firewire cable (IEEE-1394). I use a 6-pin to 4-pin firewire cable all the time from several Sony camcorders, transferring video to both PC's and laptops running Vista. Works perfectly (and quickly)!

You can pick up a 6-pin to 4-pin Firewire (i.Link) cable at places like Best Buy. Shopping online though could save you $$$.

For example, Cable Stockroom has a 10 foot, 6-pin to 4-pin Firewire cable for a little over 5 bucks. A lot cheaper even with shipping. Here's the link specifically for that item:
http://www.cablestockroom.com/IEEE_1394_6P_4P_Firewire_Cable_10ft_p/10e3-02110.htm

Just make sure you select the proper pinout for each end! Your camcorder should have the small 4-pin, while a PC or laptop normally uses the 6-pin configuration.

Hope that helps!

Franklin

I want to buy a new laptop. How fast does it really need to be?




voiceofrea


I use my laptop for the same things that most of you do. Surfing the web, answering emails, downloading musci, and the occasional photo editing (very seldom). How much machine do I REALLY need. I know that the new Duo Core machines are cool and all, but do I really need that much speed. Someone recently told me that a Celeron 1.5 with 512K of ram and 64mb of video is more than enough. Is this true? Also the idea of a Sling Box interest me. Does the Sling Box require a faster machine to use it properly? Thanks in advance.
I know that some of you subscribe to the more, better, greater formula but lets face it, I only need what I need. I don't want to pay double the price for something I do not need. If I can get by with a Celeron instead of a Pentium or Duo Core then that is what I want. I have tried all three syatems by surfing the web with them and I can't tell a difference between them.



Answer
Most of what you hear is hype - the core DUO machines are really use-full in two real world scenarios - if your a gamer or your into digital production. i.e. graphic design / video editing. Would you believe you can still function quite well With a machine running with a proc speed of around 1GHZ. Most are going to argue that this is false or pretentious - but, the hardware we are led to believe as "superior" is really the market attempting to get you to spend 3K on a MAC or duo setup. That type of hardware configuration is really exceptional in needed environments like super- computing or as mentioned above. To run normal computing like e-mail, word processing, DVD burning etc. you can get fine performance from machines, from today's standards, are "inferior" - my advice - don't buy into all the hype.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you download from a Sony Camcorder to a laptop for editing without an ilink cable?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment