Monday, February 3, 2014

How to make someone fade away?

Q. I want to make someone fade away using special effects with my video camera. Does anyone know how and I don't want stoping the camera and moving it away then putting it back.


Answer
I think that the easiest way would be to take a shot of the room, can be a still - make sure there are no clocks in the background or something that moves or will move during this time. Then tape the subject that you want to fade. In your favorite video editing software you can crossfade the video of the person to the image. The trickier method would be to use green-screen. Tape the person in front of a green screen then use editing software to superimpose the person over the background, but this would be trickier - trying to match lighting, and make it look like the person is really in the location. Consider Jar-Jar (is that the right name?) in the Star Wars Episode 1, with all the technology available to Lucas that character still looked like <place your favorite expletive here>.

I've used the first method to take a quick shot of my kids and make them look like ghosts. Not for any reason in particular except that they thought it was really cool, and to help explain to them that not everything they see on TV is real.

Could anybody suggest any nice audio software? (see details)?




DichloroDi


I specifically want the feature which will enable recording along with the music playing, the recorded stuff then being appended to the original, yet playing simultaneously.

For instance, I want to record myself playing the piano for a particular song.
Then after that is saved I want to record me singing the words. And then both should form just one unified song with piano + words.
I didnt think this would be so hard to do, but every software I try only allows me to record separate files, and then gives no provision for mixing the two.. IT only plays one OVER the other i.e erasing the other, if I try to mix them.
Also, I dont want to record by using the sound coming out of the speaker by keeping the mike next to it, as that causes jarring.
I hope I made my problem clear.
Im just so frustrated. Any help, PLEASE!!
Yea, Mike I want to MIX 2 or more Wav files together..ie they play together as one..For instance the sung words in one file, the bass in another,the piano in another.



Answer
People sometimes do not really read the question, I guess...

Yes, Audacity will allow for this. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's free, but very powerful.

Here's what you do:

1) create a new file

2) Choose Edit, Preferences

3) head over to the Audio I/O tab and tick the check box "Play other track while recording new one"

4) Create a new audio track via the project menu

5) start recording

6) when finished, add another audio track

7) record again. You will find that the first track plays, and you can record the new track.

Some things to think about:

- latency: make sure you have a good sound card in you system. Something like
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html
is a good investment, and won't break the bank!

-a good microphone is essential for home recording. Do not skimp on this one. Believe me.

This site aims to help you set up a home recording studio;
http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req1100/homeprime.htm

-some video tutorials about the hardware setup:
http://www.vtc.com/products/digital.htm

In time, and with growing experience, you will want to invest in more professional software like Cubase SX. As for magazines, I like Computer Music; it comes with a complete free music software studio, including a sampler, drum kit and much more, so be sure to check it out. It can do way more than Audacity, sequencer-wise.

CHeers!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to make someone fade away?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment