Friday, February 7, 2014

How will my laptop work with mass amounts of video, photo, and music editing?




John


I recently bought a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display and had it upgraded to 2.8 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, with TurboBoost up to 3.8GHz and 768 GB of flash storage. I was wondering how well would it work with massive amounts of photo, video, and music editing along with capability to play intense game with hardcore graphics also to hold a lot of storage of constant 10 to 20 minute long videos added a day, can it do all of this without crashing constantly but rarities are accepted and if storage is the only true problem I am willing to get an external storage device. I am posting this because I am a starting photographer, somewhat a director, a student, and overall entertainer. I also am asking because even though when I did the research it all seemed to check out I was wondering if any experts or people with personal experience could shine some light upon this because I've had many laptops that cant seem to handle extensive editing of all kinds from programs like those created by Adobe, and cant handle the storage for the videos and also crash during downloads of high quality games or during the actual gameplay. I'd like to hear many people's opinions and am open to suggestions. Thank you.


Answer
Files in storage do not cause system crashes. To store massive amounts of data, you will need some external drives. My Mac tower had four internal drives and four external drives. I don't use any of my Mac notebooks for video editing, except a bit of touch up on location. I can't deal with intense editing on a tiny 15" screen.

Notebook computers don't play games at highest level all day without some over-heating.... unless the notebook is almost 2 inches thick (Alienware) to allow large fans and air space inside for cooling.

If you use several high-RAM apps simultaneously, such as Final Cut Pro, Photoshop and Handbrake, the system will use scratch space / virtual memory, and that will cause slow operation, but not necessarily a crash.

Notebook computers are designed for multi-tasking on the go, but in recent years, a trend has skyrocketed for "bolting down" a notebook, and using it as if it were a desktop. It would make much more sense for these people to buy a desktop, like the Mac Pro http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/ or an all-in-one, like the iMac.

<0-0>

Buying a laptop for 3D rendering and video/photo editing?




KC


Hello, I'm planning on buying a laptop for using Blender 3D and other editing program like sony vegas, photoshop etc.

So would this spec handle this?

3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core⢠i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)

nVidia GT 630M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR3 DX11 with Optimus

8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS)

500gb 7200rpm (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)


I'm planning on buying my laptop from this website

http://www.xoticpc.com/



Answer
To the best of my knowledge that spec laptop would cope very well :) but no matter how good the laptop is, rendering will always take a very long time. I personally use a desktop with an Intel Core2Quad Q8300, ATI Radeon HD5670, 4GB DDR3 (1333mHz) RAM and a 320GB and 2TB SATA2 7200RPM hard drives, and i can edit and render reasonably well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How will my laptop work with mass amounts of video, photo, and music editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment