Saturday, October 12, 2013

I have a degree in vis com, probably severely under qualified.?

video editing software java
 on ... IDE To Edit VB.Net, Java, C#, Php, XML files: Devpad || Free Software
video editing software java image



Dietrich


I have been working a dead retail job since I graduated 4 years ago. After school and I received my degree I was overwhelmed with low self esteem and an unwavering fear of failure. I am highly introverted. I know Photoshop and HTML and CSS but that's it. Every few months or so I get up the courage to search jobs in my field but they require skills I never acquired. Some employers want people who can code Java and languages I've never heard of. I didn't attend college for computer programming. Some want video editing skills and experience with after effects. I don't know that. Some want Flash skills and the ability to code action script. They didn't dive into action script aside from one introductory lesson. I only used Flash during that one class in college, same goes for InDesign and Illustrator. Some companies want knowledge of animation software. Never did animation outside of Flash. I really need to get going on my design career ASAP because my current retail job pays minimum wage (under 10 bucks) and dropped a lot of us down to 9-15 hours a week! Where are all the entry level design jobs with job training? Most internships don't pay and are for students only and last 3 months. I'm 35 and need to pay off my debts! What do I do to get a design job fast?


Answer
Start here to learn After Effects: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

What is all the 'must have' free software for laptops?




Jelz


I am getting a new laptop that I'm going to use for internet and school work only. Any ideas on what software i can download for free to make this easier or in any way better? Anything from Office Programs for work, to file organization programs will be a great help.

Thank you



Answer
VLC Media Player: Amazing. It does everything and is super customizable. One example is that you can change how the video and audio sync up in case one is behind the other.

Audacity: Audio editing software. Also amazing.

1Password: Secure place to store passwords and personal info under one password. Only the PC beta is free. I just got it. Pretty cool.

7-Zip: The best software I've found for dealing with .zip files. Very simple and you can access it just by right clicking on the file you need.

Skype of course. Video chat.

If you're into programming or making websites or anything, Notepad++ is pretty awesome for editing any language. Especially HTML and CSS though.

I'm using jGRASP for Java editing. It's good too.

4t Tray Minimizer: Just by right-clicking on the minimize button of almost any window, I can minimize it to the system tray instead of the taskbar. That way, (1) windows you don't want cluttering things up won't be in your way, and (2) anybody who doesn't know to look there won't see it.

If you want something to use instead of Microsoft Office, look at OpenOffice. It's probably better than Microsoft Office, but it's just different enough that lots of people are uncomfortable with it. Not as slick as Microsoft, but then it's a few hundred bucks cheaper. As in free... :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have a degree in vis com, probably severely under qualified.?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment