Thursday, October 10, 2013

What is the easiest way to get into film editing?

video editing software nz
 on ABOVE: Professional Editing Software used - Final Cut Pro 7
video editing software nz image



MxRacer207


i love film editing and i am into making action sports clips and things like that. i also made my own lord of the rings style film for my high school media studies course, I won three awards for it. i have looked into a film school in new zealand (home) and its really expensive.. im young and i dont want to jump into a big student loan and moving overseas... the first step i made this year was getting a job in a motorcycle shop so i can continue racing motocross but also have enough money to buy my own camera and make short films etc. I basically want to know if I should go to the film school or do it myself, im scared there will be no work for me when I come out of the school.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!! Thanks alot

check my videos out i made them last year when i was 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3R86VH5zn8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkl2WtGl20



Answer
I checked out your work on You Tube, and it's promising. The most important factor in succeeding in the film editing world is passion for the field. It's obvious you have.

Here are my thoughts for you:

I understand your situation -- film school there in NZ is expensive and you don't want the cost of moving overseas.

Since you are 16, you aren't ready for film school anyway. Here's what I suggest for you. Since you have enough money to buy your own camera (and I assume editing software), start now, and learn as much as you can about the editing software (www.lynda.com has great totorials for Final Cut Pro, and they're reasonable priced.

Spend a couple of hours each day -- as though you are already in film school. And produce a couple of pieces that showcase your abilities. (Watch TV and film to see what style you like best. Use that style in your work.)

And, practice every day (just like film school students do).

If you work hard, and have some good sample work, you just might be able to get a scholarship to film school.

Good luck.

Specs for video editing laptop? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!?




Emily


OK I have video editing as my hobby and I need a new laptop because my one doesn't work well if trying to edit videos on Windows Movie Maker.
The processor is too slow; the one that I have right now is AMD Athlon (xt) Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 gHz and WMM freezes when I am working on it.
My desktop is 2.5 gHz and it goes perfectly when editing videos.
But I want to work on my laptop as well.
2 laptops have caught my eye and they have the EXACT specs except for the processor
The dell one is a Core i5 430 (2.26â Turbo Boost 2.53Ghz)
link: http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4c355e24017616a6273fc0a87f3b068f/Product/View/XC8294

The Acer is Intel Core i5 430 (2.26GHzâ3MBâ1066FSBâ64-bit)
link: http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4c355e24017616a6273fc0a87f3b068f/Product/View/XC6486P1

Or are they both not good for editing?
Can someone PLEASE just help me..........should I pick one of these or should I go for something else?
Any help IS appreciated!!!



Answer
If you want to edit your videos ,you can use a video software to help you, nowadays there are many video editing softwares on the market, so when you choose them, you should comparison them carefully to ensure your videos effects. Of course ,I can recommend you some sites you can visit them which are proved to be the most popular among the users ,so you can have a try to check the effect. With them you can edit and share you video with your family or friends easily.
http://www.best-video-editor.com/
But according to the use frequency, the avs video editor, which is served for windows system ,is the most popular(best) one among the users, you can have a try , I sincerely hope you can get what you want! More information:
http://www.best-video-editor.com/video-editor-avs.html
Of course, in order to your convenience, I can introduce another site to visit if you are a mac system user.
http://www.best-video-editor.com/video-editor-for-mac.html
I sincerely hope these information can help you, wish you success!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the easiest way to get into film editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment