Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How good is this laptop for gaming and video editing.?




Chris Farr


http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-S01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006MX0WHU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2A1MO0IWFOFLB&coliid=I2WFIKHSBZ9TVD

I am looking at no more than spending $2000 shipped. And it has to be from Amazon as I have credit with them. The games I plan on playing are rpg's, rts, first person shooters (a few of them like BF3), no sports and hardly any racing. I also plan on doing video editing. So please don't suggest a gaming console. This computer is going to be my main go to for just about everything from gaming to productivity to entertainment and everything in between. If you can find something better priced and will play and do all I can, please feel free to place a link in your response. 5 points to a helpful response! Oh and no macs, I'm not a mac hater, it's just the computer must have a numberpad built in and it seems none of the macbooks have one built in. Thanks!
Figured I would add more details since I figured one might not want to look at the link:
Here is the full system specs straight from the company website:

Operating System
Operating SystemGenuine Windows ®7 Home Premium (64-bit)
CPU/ Processor
CPU/ ProcessorIntel® Core⢠i7-3610QM Processor
CPU Clock Speed (Max.)2.30 GHz
CPU Cache6MB L3
Model
SeriesSeries 7 Notebook
Model NumberNP700G7C-S01US
Display
Screen Size17.3"
Resolution1920 x 1080
Brightness400 nit
Memory
Standard System Memory16GB
Memory TypeDDR3
Storage
Hard Drive Capacity1.5TB with ExpressCache⢠Technology, 8GB
Graphics
Graphics ChipNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M Graphics
ODD
ODDBlu-Ray
Multimedia
Speakers4 W Stereo Speaker (2 W x 2) sub-Woofer
Web Camera2.0 MP
Connectivity
Wireless LAN802.11 abg/n
BluetoothBluetooth v4.0
WiDiYes
Wired Ethernet LANGigabit LAN
I/O Ports
VGAYes
HDMIYes
USB Ports2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 (1 Sleep-n-Charge)
Headphone OutYes
Microphone InYes
Multi Card Slot7-in-1 (MS, MS Pro,
Multi Card Slot7-in-1 (MS, MS Pro, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus, xD)
RJ45 (LAN)Yes
Input Devices
Keyboard101 Key Backlit
Touch PadYes
Security
Kensington Lock SlotYes
Power
AC Adapter200 Watt
Number of Cells / Cell Type8 cell / Li-Ion
Design
ColorBlack
Dimensions
Dimensions (W x D x H)16.1" x 11.2" x 1.29" ~ 1.96"
Weight
Weight8.39 lbs.
Warranty
Warranty1 Year Standard Parts and Labor
I might also add, the laptop MUST come from Amazon, as I have credit through Amazon only. I can spend upto $2500 at Amazon. But want to keep it below that due to any shipping charges and I may need to get a new bag for the laptop. Thanks.



Answer
That would be perfect to play shooter games, don't worry, it should be able to play on high/max settings! As for vid processing, the quad core i7 should make it quick to render the video so that means it will be able to be a good video editor also!

The laptop will suit your needs fine.

What would be the best laptop for video editing?




Joe E


I know this is a very general question, but in your opinion, what would be the best laptop for under $1300 that is good for video editing (I would also use it for school work, web browsing, movies and music)?
But couldn't I get a much better quality laptop with much better components thats not a mac for cheaper?



Answer
Well, I hear a lot of good about Apple, and I am sure they are good for video editing, but Mac's are generally expensive.

If you prefer to get a PC, I know the perfect one for you. It's an HP Pavilion dv6000 (also called the "HP Pavilion Entertainment PC"). It cost me $1209 with all tax, but included a free HP all-in-one printer (scanner, etc). There are many free inclusive programs. There is this one called Cyberlink Power Producer, it is by far the best I've used yet. I made a full DVD for my friend's birthday, with content about her. It has a full DVD menu, custom background of her & me, and I chose which scene I want on each page, and the style of buttons, etc. I even have background music on the menu. It allows me to make scenes, add subtitles, add transition effects, add audio, add music, add video, pictures, etc. You can even add effects such as snowfall, water rippling, and much much more. You can capture content directly from the program, as there is a built in webcam & microphones. You can even capture content from video cameras that are attached to the comp, it automatically detects theme. I honestly love this computer, and I look forward to producing even more videos. Even if you are just doing something simple, it can do it. It can extract audio from video too. Also, you can save as many file types, depending on what you are making (DVD video, data disc, etc.)

And the laptop has 250GB hard drive, and 3GM RAM, never lags, runs smooth. Also has a fingerprint scanner, works amazingly. My HP laptop is intended for my next 5 years of university, so I do expect it to last :) And it has many free programs, I still haven't tried them all yet.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How good is this laptop for gaming and video editing.?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment