Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What is a good brand of laptop?

linux laptop for video editing
 on ... Offers Ubuntu Linux-Powered Laptops - Windows Laptop Reviews and News
linux laptop for video editing image



Timmy


I am looking for a laptop that will last me a while. I will use it fo videos (editing/burning/watching) and music and school work, Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should look for? Brands/Models. I am on a budget and was looking more towards a 15" screen. Thanks.


Answer
I have a Dell laptop. It has not let me down for the longest time. I use it for the office though, so I'd say the latest models would suffice, just make sure to invest on additional RAM, HDD space and video (GeForce- or Radeon-based would suffice) to ensure optimum performance.

You can also check out the MacBook. It's no secret that when it comes that Mac is good with graphics, videos and music. And the new models are Intel-based (Core 2 Duo), which means you can also install Windows OS and/or even Linux (if you're particular about the OS you use).

What do you think about the mac pro desktop 8 core or 4 core?




MexterO


Do you think its overpriced? Do you think it would work well with both a linux operating system (any flavor) and a windows os (windows xp or windows vista). Do you think its worth it to buy it just for me to end up buying a windows vista or windows 7 os disc and use windows on the machine? No pc or mac haters please serious answers. : ) Is all that its cracked out to be?


Answer
DON'T spend that much for a 8 core processor. They can only really use 4 of them because there are basically no programs that can use all 8 cores
as of now

unless it a laptop don't get a apple computer.
there laptops are amazing though :)

unless you are doing some major video editing, and I mean MAJOR
you wont ever need that many cores.

instead if you want to spend that much money. Make a computer that has the i7 extreme which is a 4 core CPU that can OC to amazing speeds with proper cooling. which will cost $1000
a great motherboard
SLI video cards and loads of RAM for the cost of the 8 core Mac pro
you will be very happy

and just wait until Windows 7 comes out in October and do a clean install
DON'T get VISTA it sucks honestly

trust me if you go for the Mac you will be spending loads more than you should and that goes for any computer that you buy pre built.

make one your self yourself it is easy and fun you will appreciate your comp much more that way :)

if you don't know how watch some videos on you tube and look around on blogs people are talking about these kind of thing all the time

oh and upgrade prices on Macs are OUTRAGEOUS


I'm not a Windows fan boy, but I am someone that knows a lot about computers and you are going to get more bang for your buck going Windows and building your own computer.

I have a apple computer and I don't really like OS X anymore than Linux or Win 7 RC

the best website to buy everything you need to make a computer is newegg.com

hope this helped you at all :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good brand of laptop?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment