Monday, September 9, 2013

Which macbook should i buy? i need your advice please?

best video editing laptop under $1500
 on Acer Keypad
best video editing laptop under $1500 image



Francis


Hi! i'm looking forward to buying my first macbook for college but i can't decide what i should do. To make this easy i'll describe my usual activities: I usually use my computer for web surfing, emails, homeworks and reports. I also watch movies online, watch some movies and stuff. I don't play games but i'm really impatient when it comes to loading so i guess i need enough processing power for speed. I do very minimal video editing and photo editing. I don't have much need for storage because i already have an external for that (so i need just a clean 100gb i think) and i don't mind carying it around if i have to, i just consider it as a bonus if the computer has extra memory to spare. i'm planning to go to med school in 4 years (it might help)

So it boils down to these:
Macbook air 13 inch
Macbook pro 13 inch with retina display
Macbook pro 15 inch with retina display

for now, i'm in no hurry to buy a new computer but if i do decide to buy this year i'd like to maximize it to about 4-5 years before i replace it again.

Things to consider:
1. display (retina or normal? 15" or 13"?)
2. RAM (considering the things i do, and what i might do for the next four years: 4gb, 8gb, or 16gb)
3. processing power (greater processing power means it can keep up with me for the next 4 years or so, but it also means it'll be more expensive)
4. PRICE (the 15" is the best, but it is the most expensive. the 13" pro is better than the air, but is still quite expensive, the air is the cheapest, but would it be able to keep up with me for the next for years?)
5. longevity (i consider buying my next computer as an investment for the long run, but then the bigger the investment, the more expensive it is.)
6. memory. i know i've said i don't need much (at least a good 100gb of storage) but i'd like more if i can.
7. NOW? or should i wait for later models this year?

So what do you think should i choose? and please include your reasons :)
p.s. i don't really need to optical disc drive so... (hope this info helps)



Answer
Neither. Trust me. I know more about technology than anyone I have ever met throughout my lifetime, including computers, phones, and tablets. You should not get a Mac under any circumstances.I would say to get a Samsung series 7 or 9, a Dell Inspiron 17R, a Dell XPS 15, or (depending on how much you wish to spend) an alienware M17x R4.

Why you should not buy a Mac:

Just look at the specs (I just recently bought a $4500 laptop that would have cost $6000 if I got a macbook, and the macbook would have had worse specs even at $1500 more. It had a worse CPU, GPU, less ram, worse motherboard, worse audio, restricting OS, and a lower storage SSD

I need to get a new laptop what kind should i get?




v


i'll be going to West Virginia university next year for engineering and i was wondering what kind of laptop to get? and i was wondering which would work best at the school so if anyone that goes there knows that would help a lot... thank you
dell, sony, mac, hp, etc...
up to about $1500



Answer
$1500 is ridiculous!
IF I spent that much money on my laptop, I'd probably sleep with it and never let anyone touch it.

Nowadays, you can get a sick machine for under $800. You just have to know what you're looking for.

Don't let the guys at Best Buy tell you what you want. Look into it.

For example, you may want a computer for gaming or video-editing or somthing of that nature that will need an assload of RAM and memory. In that case, look into Dell's and Alienware, for sure.

Many people are turned off by Alienware because they take one look at them and think, "That looks like something from Area 51! It must cost three times as much as a normal computer." But in actuality, they aren't any more than you'd spend at a computer store.


All I'm saying is look into it. Go to Dell.com or Alienware.com and just poke around. Get a feel of the prices and even if you don't know a single thing about computers, Alienware's site actually explains what its computers are made for and why you need RAM and all of that good stuff. - not to mention how sexy they look.

Check it out.

Hope that helped.
-McNulty




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which macbook should i buy? i need your advice please?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment