Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What is the best video editing software for Ubuntu Linux?




Jesus Wuz


I enjoy using Windows Movie Maker on my friend's Windows, but I need an alternative when I try to edit videos in Ubuntu. I have already tried Cinelerra and it is too complicated for making YouTube videos. I am currently using PiTiVi but I do not know how to insert titles. Can someone suggest an effective video editor that lets you insert and edit titles like in Windows Movie Maker???
I heard Kino does not support AVI files. And as for the first two answerers, I am not running Windows (Adobe Premier Pro) nor am I running Mac (iMovie). All I need to know is how to add titles using a Linux video editor.



Answer
@first 2 answerers: Read the question, people. This guy is using Linux, not Mac, not Windows. Linux.

First, I'd like to commend you for using Linux! I love it too.
Kino has always seemed to be good. Maybe even better than Windows Movie Maker. You can get it in Synaptic, but the easiest way is in the terminal.

Applications>Accessories>Terminal

sudo aptitude install kino

Enter your password, push enter. Enjoy!

Free, open source video editing software?




Paul


Needs to be able to edit HD avi files

Thanks!



Answer
There are plenty videos, open source software on Linux ubuntu, but for windows OS you may find spyware infections attachment programs that will slow down your operating system. I would not try any of those for windows programs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best video editing software for Ubuntu Linux?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment