Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What laptop should I get for audio editing and some video game performance for US$1100?

best laptop for video audio editing
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best laptop for video audio editing image



groovekart


Hello! I am planning to study sound engineering and I need a laptop that I can use for my school (and hopefully in the future, work) projects. Since this is my first laptop purchase ever, and I'm selling my desktop to help fund for it, I want it to have some desktop-replacement quality.

I don't really need a souped-up video game machine (for US$1100, who am I kidding anyway), but I want it to be able to keep up with current and near-future video game hardware requirements. The audio editing part is most important though. Do I need a separate sound card to do audio work, like midi sequencing, basic recording and the like?

I'm currently torn between the Dual-core incarnations of the HP Pavilion and the Gateway MX. Which is better? Do you suggest any other laptop out there?

Thanks! :D



Answer
Here is a great laptop from Compusa.com, they are almost sold out! A great price too, except I would upgrade the Video Card and RAM (double it at least).

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=BROWSE&N=200334+502365&Ne=502360&product_code=329133&Pn=Pavilion_zd8220us_Notebook#ts

Compare this laptop (Pavilion zd8220us Notebook) to these other ones (Pavilion dv6113us Notebook, Pavilion dv8408us Notebook, Pavilion dv2130us Notebook). These last three almost don't compare except for dv6113us which has twice the Bus Speed than the zd8220us (1.6 GHz vs. 800 MHz). But 800 MHz is better than 667 MHz or 533 MHz. But you should notice that even though the dv6113us has 1.6 GHz Bus Speed, it only has 2 x 256 KB L2 Cache Size. Once again, going back to the processor, it is a single core, but with HT, and it's twice as fast as the other two, bigger screen, and Bluetooth capability as well. So with the one this one's priced, you can upgrade it, and get yourself some accessories, as well! Hard Drive speed is kinda slow, but you can get that upgraded as well. Anyhow make up your mind fast. Read the reviews, don't blame me if I didn't point somethings out. And oh yea, I win! Again!

Would upgrading from 3gb of ram to 6gb of ram speed up my computer?




joey


I have a dell n5030 laptop
dual core pentium processor 2.3ghz
3gb ddr3 ram
320gb hdd
64bit windows 7


I do a lot of multitasking and stuff. Things that my computer doesn't really like to do is: itunes (have 15 + gb of music), video and audio encoding, video and audio editing, and hd video.

I also already know how to change the ram



Answer
Upgrading might make things a little faster, but not much.

You only benefit from going to 6GB if you're currently running out of RAM, and that only happens when you're keeping a LOT of multitasking... keeping 9+ windows open, or doing very memory intensive-work (like really big editing jobs in Photoshop, AutoCad etc). More RAM would allow you to open more windows without slowing down dramatically.

Having 6GB would help video editing because that requires a lot of RAM, but your video editing/encoding speeds are mostly dependent upon how fast/powerful your CPU is, and yours isn't very strong. It's a good CPU for everyday usage, but not audio/video editing work.

A dual-core Pentium isn't good for demanding tasks like that, and laptop CPUs are weaker than desktop CPUs with the same model number. A 3.0Ghz quad-core desktop CPU is the baseline for good performance in those tasks, and a Core i5 or better yet, Core i7 is what's really recommended.

To display HD video smoothly you need an entry-level or better graphics card. RAM won't help with that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What laptop should I get for audio editing and some video game performance for US$1100?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment