Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What is the best laptop to get/buy to use for video editing from a camcorder?

best 13 inch laptop for video editing
 on Best laptops for photo editing: Retina is important, but it's not ...
best 13 inch laptop for video editing image



peach4peac


I am trying to find the best laptop to use for when I want to edit film from my camcorder. I am debating between a Mac book Pro, an Asus K55VD DS71 15.6" or an Asus N76VZ-DS71 17.3" Notebook. I also want to put all of my music on to it and I have a lot of music. Would any of these laptops be good for doing both of these things or is there something else that is better? Thanks!


Answer
I always prefer a pc over a mac but since your main focus is editing media, I would suggest a macbook pro. I can't think of a single, rational person who would pick Windows software over Apple software when it comes to things like media, photo/video editing. The only time the mac is never an option is for basic school work, research and internet browsing.

If 90% of your laptop needs are for video editing, then grab your macbook pro here...if not. stick with pc.
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MD101LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B0074703CM/?ie=UTF8&tag=utf8-qid-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Custom built AlienWare laptop over a MacBook Pro for productivity?




Cesar_17_


So what's best for video editing? AlienWare M14x Custom with 12GB Ram, and a i-7 3rd gen dual cpu at 3.7GHZ with turbo boost 2.0, bluray, etc. or that $1500 macbook pro 13 inch high end 2012? Both will run for around $1800 at the end, bu ti need something decent and good for video editing. It needs to last my last 2 years of high school and my next 3-4 years of college as i plan to major on Video Editing.


Answer
macs are always good for editing due to their os, yet their software isnt always the most up to date, and 13" is a small screen to be editing on. I would go with the alienware, being that it has the 3rd gen cpu which has a gpu enhancer built into it, and plenty of RAM. I would go the alien way simply because with apply you are really paying for the brand and not the components. I currently have a lenovo y580 which has the 3rd gen CPU and 8gb of Ram and it will run literrly anything I throw at it. With Video editing you want to look for the GPU and the CPU. Being that it is alienware you will have both of thoes. I sound bias agains apple but that is just my honest opinion. If you have any other questions be sure to message me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop to get/buy to use for video editing from a camcorder?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment