Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm making an indie movie, what all do I need?

video editing software for 5d mark ii
 on Open Source Video � Blog Archive � Magic Lantern os firmware
video editing software for 5d mark ii image



CryingKids


I'm a student film maker and have a screen play written by me, and I plan to film in the next year. What all do I need to make a decent budget quality film? Cameras? Sound quality? Special effects programs?
Editing software? Lighting tools? Please be very specific and think about my budget. Im willing to spend enough but nothing to crazy. Take into consideration that Evil Dead was only a 10,000 dollar budget.



Answer
Well it depends on what the story is, with out knowing that its hard to recommend things. Like are there a lot of night scenes? Does an Alien spaceship land next to a talking cow? I would like to be specific however your description was not specific enough to help you properly.

At a basic level you will need a camera. Unless you have some special shots in mind that require changing the fps, I recommend renting a Cannon 5D Mark II. Its A DSLR that shoots HD video, and has been used in movies and TV. Some episodes of the show House have been shot with it.

Your film will be NO GOOD if the sound sucks so you may want to shell out the money for someone to do sound who is a professional (there are quite a few sound people who own their own equipment in the LA or NY area though i am not sure where you are filming.) At least try and find someone who has done sound before or talk to someone as a consultant.

Again depending on your script lighting needs will vary. If its all or mostly out doors than you probably won't need much lighting but instead some bounce boards, and defusers.

With out having read your script I can't recommend anything specific for editing. I recommend Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro.

If you want help I would be happy to talk to you more about it with more detail its hard to be specific with specifics lol.
vanishing446@yahoo.com

Video editing: Final cut Pro SLOW/distorted preview, WHY?




jammal hin


i just started using the final cut pro for mac and i'm a beginner though i have edited a few videos on other softwares. my problem is; while using the final cut pro, the preview window on the right which allows you view the ongoing project altogether, does not play as required, the preview is slow and distorted. i'm working on .MOV files i made from my canon 5d mark ii. and i'm making a music video project. how may i resolve this?


Answer
check to make sure its not in slo-mo. And if the footage is not rendered its not going to play right. You will notice if its not rendered by the red bar above the editing sections. Unfortunately you have to render any footage you edit to view it, which takes hours, so you may be able to drag through it to kind of see how it plays out in a stuttered way. And make sure you have tons of hard disk space because it saves the whole thing copied many times for the renderings.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm making an indie movie, what all do I need?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment