Monday, June 2, 2014

Best Computer Specs for HD video editing (DSLR)?




Josh


I have a Canon EOS 60D DSLR camera, which records in full HD, 1080p. I am currently trying to sell my laptop to put towards a new desktop computer. I would like to know what computer specs I would need to have, but with the cheapest price possible. I found a computer that I am currently looking at with these specs:

Asus CM6870-US-2AA
Intel Core i5-3450
3.1GHz
12GB RAM
2TB Hard Drive
GeForce GT 520

I am looking to edit in both Adobe After Effects CS6 and Adobe Premiere, so would the specs I listed above be good for it? Please, I would like personal opinions, what do you think is the cheapest computer that will be decent to editing HD video in such programs.

P.S. - If anyone is interested in buying my laptop, here is the ebay page :-)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330855217872?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks in advance :-)



Answer
I have After Effects CS6 and my specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M
GPU: Amd Radeon HD 7670M, 2GB VRAM
RAM: 6 GB
It's a laptop btw...

... and it runs just fine. I have 0 problems/issues, so the computer you are looking at will work just fine, and render things a lot faster than mine aswell :)

Is my laptop good for HD video editing and HD video streaming?




Josh


I love making videos, editing them and posting them for people to watch. I do a lot of Visual Effects, Audio editing.
I always used a Standard Definition camera so the quality wasn't so good.
I bought a Canon 60D DSLR with 1080p HD video capabilities.
Programs i use: Adobe After Effects cs4, Adobe Premiere pro cs4.
and i was wondering if my laptop can handle it.

here are the details:

COMPAQ Presario F700 Notebook PC


-Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.9 GHz
-RAM: 1.9 GB
-OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
-Video Card: GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
-Sound card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221
- Hard Drive space : 137GB

is this ok? or do i need something better? suggestions and help please. thanks!



Answer
Minimum System Requirements for editing hd video

Processor: Intel / AMD compatible at 2500 MHz or higher
RAM: 1 GB or higher
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
Display: 32-bit color depth
CD recorder: for importing from CD
DVD recorder: for importing from DVD and creating Video DVD
Video capture device: required for capturing
Windows Media Player 11 or higher for WMV video playback
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
Administrative permissions for program installation and activation
Internet connection to activate




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Computer Specs for HD video editing (DSLR)?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment