Thursday, June 5, 2014

Help picking a laptop!please help laptop owners?




Rhonda G


Ok I need a laptop for school work and I need a longer battery 3 hours or more and it needs to be under $700
please help

I need all the help I can get
also tell what brand you have
thanks



Answer
I can help you choose a laptop, but firstly you'lll have to give me a little more detail as to how you will be using it.

For example, does your schoolwork involve creating word documents and/or spreadsheets? Or are you taking lessons in music or media which may involve working with music production or video editing?

Secondly, are you intending to have a secondary use for the laptop, for example use at home after school hours, or will it be purely for working at school?

I live in England so I'm going to have to round down your price into Pound Sterling's, which means your $700 would equate to roughly £420 at the current exchange rate. This is more than enough to buy a laptop with a battery life capable of 4 hours and over if you are looking to just simply do basic web surfing and word processing.

I'd recommend a Dell Inspiron 17, incredibly good value for money, with all the specifications you ask - even if you are doing media creation, and it comes below your budget price at a cheap £369 ($608).

I paste the link below as a reference.

I hope this helps.

What is the best laptop for audio and video production on limited budget?




Crazy Carl


I'm prety much looking for the biggest bang for my buck! I would like to buy a used laptop to use for audio production and video production. Audio production is more important to be able to be done completely on (hip hop production as far as running audio program, preferably Cubase, run VSTs and other plugins smoothly for effects and instruments, and record vocals.) I would like to be able to do video production as well but more just loading videos and playback, partial editing but as far as more intensive post production can be done on pc. Platform does not matter (windows or mac). Price is more important and looking around $200 and topping out at $500. Lower the better! Battery power is my second concern and would like at least 2 hours life. Size does not matter, smaller may even be more desirable because of portability and battery life. Any suggestions? Also if possible where to get information to optimize system for audio and/or video production.


Answer
I would say you are going to be struggling pricewise to find a decent laptop for $200 for music production running the software you are talking about.

For Video you would be looking at Final Cut Pro and for Audio either Cubase, Pro Tools or Logic Studio.

My suggestion hardware wise would be for a MacBook or MacBook Pro - get one 2nd hand from Macmall or ebay if need be. You would be looking at 4GB of RAM and a base budget of $1500+ otherwise you will just be buying your self a who bunch of trouble if you go too cheap

Here is what the pros think about Macs and music production
http://www.macworld.com/article/132032/2008/02/grammys.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help picking a laptop!please help laptop owners?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment