Friday, June 6, 2014

What are some cheap laptops for great for video editing?




Mark


Here is the thing. I want to create gaming videos for pc and console. I plan on recording games for the pc on another computer and having this one be the editor. I want the laptop to be able to run sony vegas edits ranging from 15 minutes to an hour and I want it able to capture gameplay along with 2 different streams of audio at the same time. I would prefer if it didn't cost more than $460 and obviously it needs to have at least 4 gigs of ram. Any other specs for the laptop don't matter. I will get an external hard drive separate so I can transfer videos easier and so when I capture it puts less stress on the device.


Answer
Your described use and "cheap laptop" won't work. Video editing makes heavy use of a graphics card, and any laptop with a dedicated graphics card won't be very cheap. Furthermore, if the computer's supposed to handle two streams of audio, perhaps run a game, and capture gameplay at the same time, we're talking some heavy multitasking. At least an i5, perhaps even more. And perhaps a dedicated (usb) sound card as well.

So... Cheap laptop? No. Not gonna happen.

You didn't say anything on size and weight, so...

Something like this, at least: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216457

And probably more like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152368

Video Editing Laptop?




RiverEdits


I use Sony Vegas Pro, Cinema 4D, & Adobe After Effects, but my laptop(Sony Vaio) lags & is really slow when I'm editing. What are the fastest laptops for video editing? Ones that won't lag AT ALL. List some for me? I don't want a Macbook, so don't list that, thanks.


Answer
The fastest laptop for video editing is the one with the fastest processor. You can only render video as fast as your processor can handle it. RAM or what video card...that doesn't have anything to do with the speed of rendering.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some cheap laptops for great for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment