Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'd like to know more about those of you who use Windows based laptops for video editing?




Big D


I would like input from those of you who actually use a windows (pentium) based laptop to do your video editing. What type of computer, type of video card, size of hard drive amount of memmory, how much editing you do and if your content with your set-up. Please, no Mac users on this one, I know it is probably the better choice, But I'd like to hear from the windows users now.
Thanks! I've been using a desktop with adobe premiere. I would like to stay with premiere, only because of the "learning" factor and cost of new software. I have been doing my homework, I know I need a dedicated video card (Looking at ATI 9700 w/ 128 mb) and at least a P4 with about a 100gb hard drive(does the speed really matter?) I'm also thinking of 1000 ddr mem, but would 512 be sufficient? or do I need 2000? I do alot of video, and want a machine I can travel with, but I don't have "throw away" money (plus, I'm a really cheap B*******!) So any help here will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Big D
How about using the lapt op to download and sort inividual clips form the raw footage, then using my desktop to actually produce the movie?



Answer
I edit alot. I am a professional editor, and I do commercials and weddings on the side. I edit at home with a Compaq presario 1500. It has a built in video card, so I really don't know what it is. (I usually use my camcorder, and output to a tv to see what the video looks like.) I have 512 ram but I would recomend a gig at least! (I get a ton of crashes, especially scrubbing through video.)

My onboard hard drive is 40 gig 5200 rpm drive. It is not fast enough for video. You need 7400 rpm at least! I use an external firewire drive.

My processor is a 2 gig pentium 4. Not p4 mobile, but an actual pentium 4. (I get 15 minutes of battery life.) So I need to get it plugged in. (I am using premiere 6 right now but am considering upgrading to pro.)

My system can be moved, but it is not what I would call, a truly mobile editing system.

You might try editing offline, using low grade captures, and saving your EDL and then re-editing on your desktop. It is time consuming, but it will give you a good idea of what your finished product might look like. You might also consider serious magic's DV rack, and use your laptop to capture directly to hard drive, so you don't have to digitize footage in later.


Tony

Best laptop for video editing?




Gleek


I like to make videos and right now I'm making them on my desktop but I can't exactly transport that and also it's not really good. I'm looking for something under $700 and is great for video editing. Also if you know any good places to get a MacBook for under $900 that would be good as well. I don't care if it's been used.


Answer
The HP Pavilion dv7-7010us 17.3-Inch Laptop should be good for video editing.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv7-7010us-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0085RZPPA/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=basebal-20&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1344124598&sr=1-9

It's large in screen size allowing you to work easily.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'd like to know more about those of you who use Windows based laptops for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment