Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm getting a Canon 5d mark ii soon. Can anyone suggest some video editing software that I could use for it?




Laura


Like I said, I'm a photo major and I'm buying a canon 5d mark ii. I definitely want to experiment with video. Does anyone have any video editing software to recommend? I want to be able to cut things up, lay audio over things, and I want to be able to put coloring effects on it, like messing around with RGB curves in photoshop. The cheaper(or free-er), the better. Thank you!


Answer
The top-ranked video edting software for PC:Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements and SonyVegas.
Based on personal experiences,I have had good success with DVD Slideshow Builder,which supports all popular Standard-definition and high-definition videos.
Built-in video edting tools, like crop, rotateVideo effects like Brightness contrast, Blur, Carve , Embossment, Flash,Red Green Blue,Levels,Ribbon,Old Photo,etc.
http://www.ourpix.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html#150

Canon 7d vs 5d Mark ii (2012???)?




Brian


I am wondering whether I should stick with my Canon 7D or sell it to purchase a Canon 5d Mark ii.

I am a student and videographer/photographer with some experience, but not as much as I feel is needed to conclude what is best for this decision. I mostly shoot time-lapse photography and use RAW images to produce HDR photos / time lapses. I also shoot video, mainly non-work but it is nice to have the 60, 30 and 24 fps options (compared with Mark ii 30 fps).

While I love the 7D, my problem with the 7D is the soft images I feel the pictures and video produce as compared with the Canon 5d Mark ii. I have had my Canon 7D since 2010 and shoot everything manually, making pictures as sharp as possible, using my kit lens (28-135 mm).

Since purchasing the camera, I notice the sharpness of video and pictures that the Canon 5d Mark ii produces. No matter what it is, I feel like the 5D Mark ii always outperforms the 7D.

I still get very sharp photos and video with my 7D, but the 5D Mark ii seems to produce ever sharper.

Is this something common that anyone else has noticed? Perhaps it is a personal preference.

I feel that I can either invest in different and better lenses and software for post editing, or invest in a different camera body altogether.

The Mark ii should be going down in price because of the Mark iii due.



Answer
My general view is that lens upgrades have a greater image improving effect than body upgrades but not sure how that transfers to an APS-C to full frame sensor. Are you 7D/5D comparisons with the same photographer, lens, lighting and scene? Are you using L series lenses on the 7D?

Seems to me you have already made up your mind to go for the 5D. Go for it! But don't forget that the high megapixel full frame sensors NEED L series lenses to get the definition the sensor performance demands.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm getting a Canon 5d mark ii soon. Can anyone suggest some video editing software that I could use for it?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment