Thursday, June 5, 2014

Video/Photo Editing Laptop?




g_force_re


I'm looking to buy a laptop, but am unsure of what I should be looking for in terms of:
memory,
hard drive,
processor,
graphics card etc..

I will mostly be using my laptop for editing photos and videos with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, can you suggest what I am looking for, in terms of the above list and anything else I have forgotten to mention!
I know this totally goes against the above, but being a student, I'm looking for a laptop at a reasonable price.
£800/$1400 at the *very* most :S



Answer
Graphics Card - 256MB or higher - design and editing programs need this to render out large images. Please note that most laptops only have 126MB and this will not perform as well - be careful. Not all new laptops have a great graphics card. NVIDIA and ATI are the main brands to look for with 256MB or higher.
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo that runs at 2.4 Ghz or higher. Higher is better, I'd got for 2.5-2.8Ghz. I have a 2.53 Ghz.
Memory - 3 or 4 GB. 4GB is amazing and renders things so much quicker - so when editing each time you like use the blur tool in photoshop it won't take as long to render each the change in each pixel.
HD - I'd go for a 320GB that is 5400 RPM or 7200RPM. Or bigger ^_^ Do not go with a HD that is below 5400 RPM.
I think that's all I can think of... unless you want a blu-ray player ^_^
Here are some good laptop models you should look at:
Sony Vaio FW
HP dv5t or basically any of the dv5 series
A Dell Studio or XPS (not my favorite but an option)
A lenovo IdeaPad y710
Those are all great options - I personally have a Sony Vaio FW that I absolutely love - I edit RAW photos from my Canon dSLR everyday in Photoshop and it works wonders. I love having the 16.4" screen - it's about the size of the 17" MacBook Pro. It also cools incredibly well.
The dv5t was my second choice in choosing my laptop.
And my mom has a Lenovo she loves - they are built really really well.

What is the best, fastest laptop for editing HD video?




Silas


I am looking for A Laptop between the range of 500-1000$. I have 2, 800$ Sony HD camcorder's, and when I use my regular 350$ HP laptop for editing, It always takes about 5-10 mins to download a 1 min video onto "Windows Movie Maker". Do more expensive laptops, Load the video's faster onto Windows movie maker? Or will A better editing software load the videos faster? Please list some Fast , high end laptops, that are 500-1000$. Thanks in advance :)


Answer
Get the laptop with the fastest processor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Video/Photo Editing Laptop?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment