Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What laptop should I get for audio editing and some video game performance for US$1100?

laptop vs desktop for video editing
 on Gallery: AMD Cries Foul, But Tests Show Battery Life Inferior to Intel ...
laptop vs desktop for video editing image



groovekart


Hello! I am planning to study sound engineering and I need a laptop that I can use for my school (and hopefully in the future, work) projects. Since this is my first laptop purchase ever, and I'm selling my desktop to help fund for it, I want it to have some desktop-replacement quality.

I don't really need a souped-up video game machine (for US$1100, who am I kidding anyway), but I want it to be able to keep up with current and near-future video game hardware requirements. The audio editing part is most important though. Do I need a separate sound card to do audio work, like midi sequencing, basic recording and the like?

I'm currently torn between the Dual-core incarnations of the HP Pavilion and the Gateway MX. Which is better? Do you suggest any other laptop out there?

Thanks! :D



Answer
Here is a great laptop from Compusa.com, they are almost sold out! A great price too, except I would upgrade the Video Card and RAM (double it at least).

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=BROWSE&N=200334+502365&Ne=502360&product_code=329133&Pn=Pavilion_zd8220us_Notebook#ts

Compare this laptop (Pavilion zd8220us Notebook) to these other ones (Pavilion dv6113us Notebook, Pavilion dv8408us Notebook, Pavilion dv2130us Notebook). These last three almost don't compare except for dv6113us which has twice the Bus Speed than the zd8220us (1.6 GHz vs. 800 MHz). But 800 MHz is better than 667 MHz or 533 MHz. But you should notice that even though the dv6113us has 1.6 GHz Bus Speed, it only has 2 x 256 KB L2 Cache Size. Once again, going back to the processor, it is a single core, but with HT, and it's twice as fast as the other two, bigger screen, and Bluetooth capability as well. So with the one this one's priced, you can upgrade it, and get yourself some accessories, as well! Hard Drive speed is kinda slow, but you can get that upgraded as well. Anyhow make up your mind fast. Read the reviews, don't blame me if I didn't point somethings out. And oh yea, I win! Again!

what type of computer is best for a college student?




Yudith Car


I really need a computer and I'm not sure if a laptop or a home computer would be the best choice. I don't know much about brands or the type of software I would need so please the more detailed the answer the better.


Answer
It's hard to say without knowing what your pursuing degree wise. Or what type of classes you will be taking.

However for most students who aren't taking classes that involve CAD, Drawing, Video editing or gaming. Just about any current laptop/pc is going to get you by when it comes to listening to music, using the internet and doing Office stuff.

Laptop vs desktop

A laptop can come to class/school with you, and overall you can take it anywhere. However for the same amount of money you put into a laptop you can get a more powerful desktop computer.

So do you need/want portability. Are you gaming or taking classes that involve CAD, Graphics, heavy editing?

How much are you looking to spend? If you want high performance and some portability you can either get a expensive laptop, or... Get a desktop and a nice netbook to take to class for writing papers and browsing the internet.

As for brands. It comes down to personal choice and specs. Honestly I don't like HP and have had to deal with a lot of my friends bringing me their broken HP's both laptop and desktops. However their business/pro models tend to be pretty good quality wise.

I personally have had good luck with Dell's and Gateway as far as laptops go. Some of the Asus laptops are really nice. Acer isn't too bad and is the parent company to Gateway and Emachine.


Others will probably chime in with their opinions, take all our opinions with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes down to brands as their a lot of extremest for and against certain brands. However if you want a better answer, let us know what type classes you will be taking and how much money your looking to spend..

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What laptop should I get for audio editing and some video game performance for US$1100?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment