Friday, August 9, 2013

I need a good video editing computer?

best laptop for video editing under 500
 on Sam Rainsy, who is currently in the UK, is expected to meet a number ...
best laptop for video editing under 500 image



ben


OK, so i like to do a lot of video editing on my laptop but the problem is that i also use this laptop for school and everything else. So, lately I've been noticing that when i edit or am playing a game, my laptop freezes up. so, i need a good (but cheap) laptop for video editing. nothing above $500. i don't have that much money.


Answer
Look for a used iBook G4 or a used Macbook. I used to use my iBook 800MHz with only 640mb of RAM to do hour long shows in Final Cut Express HD, and then burn to DVD. You can find a lot of iBook G4s, even up to 1.25GHz speeds and over 1GB of RAM for under $500.

What would be the best computer for this major?




Reush


I am going to college soon and looking into a Computer Information Systems major, with the ultimate goal of being a video game programmer. What kind of laptop should I get then for the best performance? The only suggestion the professors have given me is that it be a Windows product as the school's products are Windows as well, so there won't be any compatibility issues. Sorry if this was a little (well...very) vague.


Answer
Here's where you can't afford to get skimpy...

You need the best processor you can afford...Core i3, i5 or i7 is fine really...

Next you need to make sure that the laptop of your choice has a dedicated video card at least 512MB dedicated Video or better...

A fairly large hard drive is a must...however...you can use a small external drive for additional storage...

A Large amount of ram is also a must. 4GB or better...

Also...with you looking to being a video game programmer...choose a laptop with a large screen...this way you will be able to detect defects in the game more easily...again...you can also use an HDTV as an external monitor...and do the same thing though.

Things to keep in mind. When you are really pushing the computer...you will not be getting the full effects of the processor and video card while running on batteries...so keep her plugged in when you are doing your video edits and such....

Because of the shear fact that more crap has to be rammed under the hood of this beast...it will weigh more...get used to it...you'll be stronger for it.

Personally i am satisfied with my Toshiba Laptop...I have owned 3 in my time...and haven't been disappointed yet. I sold my old one for $500 and it was 3 years old...(of course i had a few tweaks in there too)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a good video editing computer?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment