Wednesday, August 7, 2013

which camcorders will work with hp laptops?

hp laptop for video editing
 on Category: Tips / Tricks / Tweaks |Views: 327 |Added by: nadeemweb ...
hp laptop for video editing image



brodaw


want to use an hp laptop for video editing because they are cheaper than macs. i waould like to know which camcorders will transfer video to hp without problems. thank you.


Answer
Which HP laptop? You'll probably want one with a firewire port because most camcorders use that. Some camcorders like the hard disk recording ones use USB so any laptop would do for that.

What computer should I get based on these requirements?




Kippy


I've had two HP Windows laptops by now, and I've liked them for the general interface, and the keyboard as compared to most other computers. However, they have both been extremely problematic, and have caused me much frustration, as I'm sure many HP owners can attest.

At this point in my life, I need a computer that meets my expectations. I'd appreciate product suggestions tailored as close to the following as possible:

-It needs to be able to handle having numerous big programs installed, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Flash, various art programs, video-editing software, and 3D graphics/modeling programs; as well as any add-ons/brushes/models/etc. I usually need to have two or more of these programs open at once.

-It needs to be able to handle 3D games (smoothly, no 'skippy' speed quality), and any mods I might like to download.

-I've dealt with slow-processing, freezing, aggravating computers for far too many years now, so I'd like a fast computer at this point. Fast downloading speed included.

-It needs to have a lot of storage space.

-It should be able to handle running the internet at a good speed. I use Google Chrome and I usually need several tabs open, so I'd like it to be able to compensate for that.

-It needs a DVD/CD drive, a few USB ports, and a port for camera memory cards.

-The DVD/CD drive should be able to burn DVDs and CDs.

-I need to be able to connect my Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet.

-It does need to be a laptop. I don't need to travel everywhere with it, but I do sit at various places in my house with my computer, and sometimes take it to work or on the very rare vacation, so it can't be immobile.

-Size isn't all that crucial, but medium-sized would be preferred.

-I need it to run Windows; I have several purchased programs for Windows, and it would be a huge waste to have to get replacements for an incompatible system.

-It needs to be reliable, I'm sick of being hindered by constant technical problems.

-Finally, I'd really prefer not to spend over $1000.

Thanks in advance :)
When I say '3D modelling', I don't mean anything fancy, as I'm no expert in that field. I just need a computer that can handle simple 3D modelling software like Blender and Sketchup without freezing up.



Answer
One of the best choices available right now is the Lenovo IdeaPad Y500.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 should be plenty satisfactory in terms of your performance needs. For gaming, the NVIDIA GT 750M is pretty much right up at the top as far as GPUs go for under $1000. For video editing and other CPU-intensive software, you aren't really going to do better than what the Y500 has to offer either.

But performance isn't everything. Another key aspect is the display. Working with graphical software warrants particular concern for the display, but the display is a concern in general. The display is key in that once you start getting into price ranges where it is reasonable to get a decent display, you want to try to get a decent display. The difference between displays is one of the things that makes the most difference, because it literally affects everything you do. For example, 15.6" 1920x1080 displays, you'll find, are great in that the resolution lets you fit a lot onscreen, and in that they tend to be decent quality LCD panels with good colors/contrast. But it's not just about how good displays like that are, it's also about how bad other types of displays are. On the other hand, 1366x768 resolution in a 15.6" display makes things onscreen large, and 15.6" displays that have 1366x768 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels with very poor image quality due to low contrast.

**Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 750M** (**NVIDIA GT 750M**, **15.6" 1920x1080 matte display**, i7-3630QM) - **$809**
- Sign up and sign in here: http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity?affinity=barnesnoblegold (Barnes and Noble Gold discount page)
- Take this model: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/barnesnoblegold/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/config.workflow:ConfigureMtmAsItem?mtm-item=:000001C9:0000C50A:&category-id=5B0116E237099FA0FCA012D9B20ED2FB
- Or this model: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/barnesnoblegold/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/config.workflow:ConfigureMtmAsItem?mtm-item=:000001C9:0000C50B:&category-id=5B0116E237099FA0FCA012D9B20ED2FB ($879: Bumps up the memory, and adds a small SSD for hard-drive cache to speed up access to commonly-used data)
- Click the activate coupon button in the cart.
- Note that the GT 650M included in certain other variants (except for the models that come with 2x/SLI GT 650Ms) is a bit behind the GT 750M.
- Avoid any variants/models that come with the 1366x768 display instead of the 1920x1080 display. 1366x768 resolution in a 15.6" display makes things onscreen large, and 15.6" displays that have 1366x768 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels with very poor image quality due to low contrast. You should make a point to avoid displays like this when it is reasonable to do so, unless you require the larger text for eyesight-related reasons.

----------------




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: which camcorders will work with hp laptops?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment