Saturday, November 23, 2013

What is a good video editing laptop?

best brand of laptop for video editing
 on The Miscellaneous Botanical Works Of Robert Brown: Iii. Systematic ...
best brand of laptop for video editing image



Ryan


I'm a college student, and I will need to run a video editing program on a computer, and its gonna need to be a laptop. I'll probably run Sony Vegas pro, on it. So I need to find something thats under 900 bucks that will get the job done without much lag. I've been looking into a few asus laptops but wanted to get a second opinion.


Answer
I was oging to advise a mac, but your budget isn't good for that.

GO WITH THE ASUS models. you have good instincts my frined, the ASUS models are the best laptops on the market. there isn't even a debate when their name is in the ring.

The other brands, dell toshiba, hp sony, alienware, they all use ASUS componants in their highend laptops, so why pay the middle man? plus the ASYS laptops all come with a great 2 year parts andlabor warrenty plus a 1 years accidental spill warrenty.

If you haven't yet go to http://www.newegg.com and look for their best asus deals. they have several at your price range and will be perfect for video editing.

Before I go, please add me to oyur contacts list, when or if oyu reach level 4 I will do the same, but I'd like to have you be part of my rebellion on teaching those about the ASUS brand.

Join my ranks

Good luck

The rebellion is waiting

What's a good laptop for video/picture editing and school?




Micky


I need a laptop (not to much, preferably under 800)

I need it for school (like word, and other programs)

But I'd like to picture edit and video edit on it to

Where should I get it and what brand



Answer
For video editing which will be the most resource intensive thing you'll be using your laptop for there are a few things to keep in mind. The first and most important will be the processor. Video editing and conversion is extremely processor intensive. What this means? If you can, get a quad core processor. An Intel i5 or i7 cpu or the AMD A-10 series would be what you should look for. A close second to that is going to be the video card. I actually prefer AMD chipsets in laptops because they almost always come with the ATI Radeon video cards. Next thing on your list is going to be the RAM. Most of the Laptops you'll look at will have anywhere from 4GB to 8GB. Obviously the more the better. Another concern will be screen size. If you plan on doing a lot of video editing the bigger the screen the better, however if you find a great laptop for a great price but it has a small screen you could look into an external monitor. As far as brands go, skip apple. I know everybody loves their iPhone but if you aren't used to using Apple's OS there is a bit of a learning curve. Apple laptops also seem to be a fair bit out of your budget. Make no mistake they are good computers just expensive. Also skip dell. Their customer service is horrible and as soon as you buy something from them they stop supporting it. I'd recommend Gateway or Toshiba. Truthfully I've always been biased to the Toshiba satellite series and there are some great laptops in that lineup right now. Toshiba's customer service has always been friendly, helpful and still supports even my older Toshiba computers and laptops. I know I haven't specified any certain ones but it's going to depend a lot on you. Sit down and decide what is important to you. If you want more power and a bigger screen expect battery life to suffer, if you want longer battery life expect overall power to suffer. Just make sure to stick with a quad core and everything else should fall into place around it. I really hope this helps and I do encourage you to check out Toshiba before anything else.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good video editing laptop?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment