Friday, January 10, 2014

Please help me find a cheap laptop for video editing?

best i5 laptop for video editing
 on 15.6 i5-3210M Lifebook | Best Home and Business Laptop, Computer ...
best i5 laptop for video editing image



Szymon


It has to be a laptop that cost 570pounds (could be a little bit higher)The laptop has to have 6 or 8 gb ram, intel core i5 or higher, 1.5 or 2gb graphics card,15.6"(preferable) or 17" screen.
Remember it has to be a good laptop for video editing and avalible in northern Ireland to buy.



Answer
You probably won't get something suitable for the price you want, unless you get it second hand. Look into possibly a second hand Toshiba Satellite, or something similar. However, you'll need a fairly high end model to get what you need. For something that's seriously good, expect to pay more than your budget; my 2 computers I use for editing were over £1000 each, and I still had to upgrade RAM to something more powerful.

I hope this helps.

What makes a good gaming and video editing laptop?




Willz


I am going to college in the fall, so I am in need of a good laptop. According to my parents, it is inevitable that I will be getting a PC around $1,000-1,500. I would prefer HP with Windows 7.

Anyways, I want a laptop that would not only run games well, but also run video editing software well. I want to play games like "Minecraft" and other Steam games on high settings without much lagging. I am going to get Adobe Premeire Pro for video editing.

I now that I need a good dedicated graphics card (ex: NVIDIA) for the games, but that's about it. So, what specifications do I need to look for in a good video gaming and video editing laptop?

Thanks!
@TheTurtleGuy: I'd like to have Alienware, but their laptops are WAY too expensive. And like I said, my parents can only give me a laptop around $1,000 to $1,500. Thanks for your answer, though.



Answer
Elements of both a good gaming and video editing laptop are quad core cpu, a decent amount of ram (8gb or 16gb recommended), a high end gpu (depending on resolution).

CPU - i7 intel (the mobile i5 cpus are dual core cpus with 2 additional threads)

GPU -
1366x768 resolution max settings - Radeon HD 7850m or Geforce GTX 660m or better (30-40fps+)

1920x1080 max settings - Radeon HD 7970 or Geforce GTX 680m or better (25+fps)

EDIT: Geforce GTX 650m is also good for 1366x768 if you don't mind scaling back some settings like antaliasing or play at 1080p and cut back on antialiasing and some details.

---------------------------

Use this chart to help you pick.
(http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html)

Highlight the games you want to play and go from there.

-------------------------

Btw, although Alienware is solid its very overpriced.

Edit: The dell costs $400 more than the cyberpc similar specs.
(http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m14x-r2/pd.aspx)
(http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X6-7450_Gaming_Notebook/)

Heres a laptop that costs almost the same as Alienware but has a better gpu
(http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X6-9500_Gaming_Notebook/)

You can buy more ram or an ssd seperately and install it yourself.
-------------------------




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Please help me find a cheap laptop for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment