Friday, January 10, 2014

What is the better laptop a PC or a Mac?

best laptop configuration for video editing
 on editing you want to have fast access to the video editing computer ...
best laptop configuration for video editing image



Dan H


I am looking for my first laptop. Which is a better laptop PC or Mac. What is the difference between the two? I am getting it for school but i will also being using it for fun.


Answer
I a film and video guy so I will always say Mac but I am going to be fair when answering this question. Both Mac and PCs have their negatives and positives. Macs have the best operating system (OS) meaning that it is safe and has a lot of power. It is very hard for a virus or hacker to get into your Mac. Macs are also a lot faster than PCs. Everything is faster on a Mac. Even the initial startup is faster. It seems like with a PC, you have time to order a pizza when you start it up. I have heard rumors that Adobe is creating an office suite exclusive to Macs. Need I say more? Now for the negatives. Macs are very expensive. To get the real experience of the power Macs offer, you should spend at least $2500-$3000. Don't let these prices scare you away. You can spend less than $2000 and still be greatly impressed by a Mac. I spent just over $8000 on my Mac Pro desktop. I have a standard monitor and a 30" HD monitor hooked up to my Mac for editing video and film. If that is not an example of the power Macs offer, I don't know what is. For beginners, Macs could be a little difficult.

Now for PCs. I also have a PC that I use for simple things like answering this question. All PCs run on Microsoft. Microsoft is not as evil as people make it out to be, unless you plan on running on Windows Vista. If you choose to get a PC, try to get Windows XP. Vista is still new and has problems. PCs are more office appropriate . They are good for data processing and other office tasks. You can get PCs that have a lot of power but it doesn't compare to Macs. PCs are also a lot cheaper than Macs. You can get a good PC for less that $2000. PCs are more likely to lock up when you are trying to complete tasks that require power such as photo editing, graphic design, film/video editing, etc. Windows OS also has Microsoft Office. Office is an amazing office suite.

In all honesty, I would get a Mac. For what I do, there is not a PC in the world powerful enough to complete the tasks that I complete. I noticed that you are getting a laptop to take to school. Macs are very popular amongst students. If you need a office suite now, Macs can run Microsoft Office. There is a special edition for Macs. Don't get a Mac Book Air. They look cool, but they don't have much storage space on the hard drive. I have included links to where you can configure a Mac Book and a Mac Book Pro. Take a look. I hope this helps. If you choose to get a Mac, great! If you need help choosing the appropriate configurations to get the best performance out of your Mac, please drop me an e-mail and I will be happy to help you select the appropriate hardware.

On a loose $1500 budget, what is the most productive configuration for a laptop intended for Adobe CS6?




Manny


I'm planning on using the laptop with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects mostly for editing DSLR video and photographs. I need something that will be able to handle multiple HD video layers, some 3D rendering, music production, etc. Is this possible? NOTE: I'd prefer not to hack my video card but I can if I absolutely have to.


Answer
You need something with an extremely fast CPU and lots of RAM. Graphics card doesn't matter as much when it comes to everything you mentioned except 3D modeling. I suggest you look for a workstation-style build, and not a gaming build.
Something like this:
i7-38XXQM and above
16GB+ of RAM
SSD! Solid State Drives are very important if you want your programs and projects to open fast! I suggest either a hybrid drive or an all-out 256GB SSD.
Any graphics card over a GT630M or 7670M will do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the better laptop a PC or a Mac?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment