Friday, February 21, 2014

Best Laptop For Video Editing?




Matthew Oc


I'm not a Mac user, and I'd like to continue using Sony Vegas Pro, with Windows XP.
My laptop is older however, so when I try to preview videos, it's slow and choppy since I have an HD camcorder.

What are some recommendations for laptops?
What type of processor, how many ghz, 5400 rpm or 7200, what brand, how big of ram, how much memory?

I'm a comp wiz, but I haven't had much experience with HD cams.
I just want the video to run smoothly, so I can edit properly.

Thank you!



Answer
SONY VAIO and IBM thinkpads are best for Input -Output peripheral transfer data range .
320 gb-7200 rpm with atleast 4GB of ram and 64-bit OS will definitely pull up u outta these kinda probs ... U can also increase ur RAM if u want to make it much faster . By increasing ur RAM , u can use the RAM as caching purposes by using software like EBOOSTR or RAMDISK on the basis of the fact that RAMS are much faster than pendrives and hardisks and can support a very high data storage speed and ya must buy it with Graphics Card coz graphic card includes its on supersonic memory and processor (256mb -512 mb is ok).
I recommended 64-bit OS coz these OS are only capable to use a LARGE RAM for ram 3GB above .
U ve discussed above about HD cams .. so Graphics card in playing such HD videos will help u alot as i ve already said above . U ll able to encode and decode the multiple videos at the same time with a high spedd and great performance , with troubleshoot ;)


here are some specs

Processor T6400 or T7700 or T8x00(intel) / TL-60 and above (AMD)
Graphics card with DEDICATED 256mb RAM atleast(not shared but dedicated)
250 or 320 GB ,7200rpm disk
4gb -6GB RAM and windows 64-bit on one partition and 32-bit on other partition(an option to boot from 2 windows will be asked while booting)

thats it .........
Simply go for FULLY LOADED laptop of SONY VAIO or IBM thinkpad with these CONFIG . u ll get everything in these in a very reasonable and affordable price .

Laptop Sony Vaio or HP DV6, for School and Video Editing, Podcasting?




Houston


I have a friend who will sell me one of his extra laptops. He has two. Both have had very little use, and were bought in the past year. I would like to make the best option. Both are priced at 550$. I will be using this laptop for general use, audio editing, podcasting, video editing, and as an HDMI out to my television. I do not play games on my laptop. The laptops and specs are below.

1. A Sony Vaio. 8 Gig ram. 16.5 inch screen. Intel I7 processor. 250 Gig hybrid hard drive. i think its the first or second generation I7 processor. definitely not the third. Sati bridge, not Ivy. HDMI out. Firewire in. Sata In. I like it because of the big screen, the sony name, and the firewire in, though all new camcorders no longer use it.

2. An HP Pavillion DV6 with a 15.6 inch screen, 8 gig ram, AMD A8 processor, 750 Gig hard drive, No firewire in, but has 2 USB 3.0 ports. No sata in. Beats audio.

They are very comparable machines. The HP is a little less clunky. The Sony has a bigger screen. Both have quad-cores, both have 8 gigs of ram. The extra hard drive space is of little concern because I have a spare computer with a big hard drive as well as a 1 TB external. I just want to make the best choice for what I intend to do with it. Both were custom built by Sony or HP and shipped to his house, so the model numbers are somewhat irrelevant. Comparable machines with reviews online tend to have 4 star reviews. And the windows experience rating on both machines are very close too.

Your opinions are very welcome! Thanks!



Answer
They are both good computers.

With the dv6 you get a more harddrive in addition to the 1tb external drive. The processor is good and finally the gpu will be a nice choice.

With the Sony Vaio, I am sure the processor is good . The harddrive leaves alot to be disired, but with external drive is should be plenty.

Both are good for what you want to do, however with the dv6 you will be able more that more computer assumimg that the sony is a hd 3000 or 4000 graphics. Now if the sony vaio has the better gpu that would be the better choice.

If it were me, I would look at the overall specs of each computer and pick the one with the best specs overall. This includes a the highest gpu.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Laptop For Video Editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment