Sunday, February 16, 2014

FREE video editing software that can handle High Definition (HD) videos?




Hanzo


Possibly any links to programs that you know are safe and free to download that allows me to edit any HD videos I might have? I have the Final fantasy Advent children movie and I want to make a music vid for it, but in windows move maker, its impossible to edit anything because it doesnt play back when I insert movie. Lags, nothing even plays so I need software to edit it.

OR I could use a converter to convert it to something windows movie player can read and playback. And what file format would be best? thanks in advance
free trials*



Answer
Windows Movie Maker is currently the most popular choice for free video editing software but it doesn't always work very well. There's a new free video editing application that is much better.

VideoSpin is a brand new tool that allows you to create your own movie clips in minutes using your own videos and pictures.

The top 3 video edting software choices for the PC is Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas. These programs are not free, but you can download a free trial from their Web sites.

If your looking for free video edting software other than VideoSpin take a look at my first source.

Where can I find a free video editing software for a SONY HD RSR11?




nileshpate


I recently purchased a SONY HD RSR11 camcorder, which is working perfectly fine. I have captured a few videos and wanted to upload them onto my computer (VISTA). I can upload them but unable to view them. Windows media player does not open the file nor does Quick Time.
1 - I need software to view my videos without the use of my camcorder connected to the laptop.
2 - A free video editing software that can read the video files.
3 - Recommend a purchasable software as well.

Thanks.



Answer
You need a AVCHD decoder to view a Sony HD clip.
AVCHD is a new standard for many HD cams.

Make sure you have the minimum requirements before spending money on software.
AVCHD viewing will require at least a dual core processor.
So any PC more then 2 years old is likely to lap and skip during video play. To actually edit AVCHD files the PC needs to be very very very fast. High Definition, is a extremely demanding format. None of my my PCs more then 2 years old will play it. Even my brand new laptop which is a ultra portable, but only a single core, cannt play AVCHD. I have to use my DUAL core desktop just to view my AVCHD files.

Commercial software
I recommend Sony Vegas. It can handle avchd files. Has lots of options. It comes in a low cost version ($100) with most of the features and a full blown version which costs about $600.
For Macs the choices are more limited, but FInal Cut or Final Cut Express are good choices.

AVCHD is not compatible with windows movie maker.
AVCHD requires a codec to play on windows media, commercial codec costs about $10. Search engine for "avchd codec". codec stands for coder decoder.

Free.
You need to convert the AVCHD file into a Movie Maker compatible file format. There are free converters out there.
Just type free avchd converter in a search engine.

Keep in mind, unless you have a recent (within a year) high end very fast computer the final editing process (saving to disk in a HD format) could take a entire night!!!!!

If you do have a fast PC (desktop recommended, with high end video card, such as NVidia 9000 series) you'll enjoy super sharp movies. DirectX hardware assisted decoding looks much better then one thats software rendered, hence the requirement for a good video card.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: FREE video editing software that can handle High Definition (HD) videos?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment